Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could possibly be more important? What, was he making another Burger King commercial? Not good Shaq.... :no:

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I didn't watch it, did anyone speak? Who was there?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KC</b>!
What could possibly be more important? What, was he making another Burger King commercial? Not good Shaq.... :no:
You should wait until you hear Shaq's explaination before you start knocking him for it.

I hope it wasn't something stupid, and that he did have a good reason to miss the funeral.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
I didn't watch it, did anyone speak? Who was there?
Jerry West and Magic spoke, and Rick Fox gave a very emotional speech about how Chick really helped him in his career.

Kobe spoke to reporters about Chick afterwards, but I'm not sure if he spoke in the funeral.

Phil Jackson was there too. I think all the other Lakers were there too, except Shaq, but I'm not sure.

Jerry Buss also didn't come. I don't know why though.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Shaquille O'neal--- No-show at Chick Hearn's funeral....

Originally posted by <b>The X Factor</b>!

You should wait until you hear Shaq's explaination before you start knocking him for it.

I hope it wasn't something stupid, and that he did have a good reason to miss the funeral.
Other than him being there for the birth of his child, or a death in his own family; name something important enough to miss Chick's funeral. Name one thing....

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
There isn't, but you never know...we should wait until we hear his story before we start blaming him.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>The X Factor</b>!
There isn't, but you never know...we should wait until we hear his story before we start blaming him.
He better have a great excuse....

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Great is an under statement...he better have an absolutely excellent excuse.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
How do you guys know if he is even near California right now?

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
How do you guys know if he is even near California right now?
He had plenty of time to fly back for the funeral between the time Chick's death was announced and the time of the funeral....

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
some people dont feel comfortable at funerals, they would rather remember someone as they were when they were alive, instead of touched up with makeup like a manican with their lips and eyelids sewed shut

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>JOHNNY_BRAVisimO</b>!
some people dont feel comfortable at funerals, they would rather remember someone as they were when they were alive, instead of touched up with makeup like a manican with their lips and eyelids sewed shut
That is true, but if someone dies that was like a family member, you go to the funeral. You forget about your immediate needs and what would make you comfortable. I think Shaq did a disrespectful thing, personally....

·
Registered
16 Posts

That is true, but if someone dies that was like a family member, you go to the funeral. You forget about your immediate needs and what would make you comfortable. I think Shaq did a disrespectful thing, personally....
I would go a funeral but I wouldn't go look at the body. Its just something really eerie(sp?) about that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Man forget Shaq! Jerry frickin Buss didn't even show up! Chick was the Lakers and I think it's sad that Buss was a complete no show.:upset:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
From the sounds of it, Mr. Buss was in Europe. For all we know, maybe he was in the Alps and unreachable.

Shaq was in Florida and could have made the trip, as Pat Riley did. BUT, maybe Shaq had a good reason....after all, it is his business and he knows why he didn't attend!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts

Maybe Shaq wasn't as close to Chick as some of the other Lakers or fans-and as JOHNNY_BRAVisimO said-not everyone is comfortable at funerals-you don't know his reason, so dont bash him.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
People don't go to funerals because they are fun.

·
Registered
293 Posts
KC,

Why do you care?- you always bash the Lakers. Maybe Shaq had a good explanation....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.