Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Modena360</b>!
Does he play SF?? B/C I would love to get this guy........bait them with a #1 and E-Rob to seal the deal.
he plays sf but is probably naturally more of a pf. In any case he is imminently available right now.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I doubt he's that available.

The Hawks aren't going to give him up for nothing. I certainly wouldn't trade Curry or Chandler for him. And to me, he's not a clear upgrade over someone like Crawford. Perhaps he's a bit more consistent, but he's not really going to change the equation much.

Now if we could somehow get him without giving up one of those three (or Kirk), I'd be all for it. That would be a deal that constitutes a significant net addition of talent. Just swapping him for Crawford and filler, however, doesn't strike me much help.

Perhaps we could offer our pick, protected against being in say, the top 5. I think given this draft, I'd probably take SAR over a guy in the 6-12 range of the draft anyway, but I wouldn't pass up a shot at Okafur or Deng or Howard. But then again, I haven't looked in detail at the draft yet.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Re: Re: Shareef Abdur-Rahim ?

Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

he plays sf but is probably naturally more of a pf. In any case he is imminently available right now.
And I think he's more of a PF than a SF, but honestly, I'd say he's really more of a tweener than anything. He's quicker than most PFs but not as quick as most SFs. He's basically Donyell with a little more explosiveness.

There was a point in time where I would have loved to get Reef. But, I've since realized his teams are never good. Never. That can't be a good sign. Of course, you could say he's always been on bad teams, but, regardless, I don't think I want to bring a guy in here with such a history of losing. We have plenty of those.

However, ERob and Fizer for Reef? Then I'd do it!

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
We can get all the pieces you want but until the 3C's step up and play to their capabilities we will stink. Sorry a Kirk/JC/SAR/Tyson/Eddy lineup would stink right now.

·
Banned
780 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
I doubt he's that available.

The Hawks aren't going to give him up for nothing. I certainly wouldn't trade Curry or Chandler for him. And to me, he's not a clear upgrade over someone like Crawford. Perhaps he's a bit more consistent, but he's not really going to change the equation much.

Now if we could somehow get him without giving up one of those three (or Kirk), I'd be all for it. That would be a deal that constitutes a significant net addition of talent. Just swapping him for Crawford and filler, however, doesn't strike me much help.

Perhaps we could offer our pick, protected against being in say, the top 5. I think given this draft, I'd probably take SAR over a guy in the 6-12 range of the draft anyway, but I wouldn't pass up a shot at Okafur or Deng or Howard. But then again, I haven't looked in detail at the draft yet.

Yes he is VERY available.i read i think it was on hoopshype a few days ago that the owner told the GM to dump as much $ as they could and do it like 2 days ago...

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bulls</b>!

Yes he is VERY available.i read i think it was on hoopshype a few days ago that the owner told the GM to dump as much $ as they could and do it like 2 days ago...
If that's really the case: Fizer, ERob, Blount, Brunson for SAR works under the cap.

That will save them a bundle of salary, but honestly I can't imagine they are that desperate.

No harm in asking though :)

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
He's a piece, not the answer.

Answers are rare, pieces are common.
Right!

I am no excited about him. What is he? a 3 or a 4? i think he is a tweener. anf for a club that says it wants winners, no player in the NBA has lost more. In fact this guy has lost more then Kirk, Chandler, curry and crawford combined. thanks but no thanks. Stats guys are nice to talk about but in the end, they wont win you anymore games

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I'd take SAR in a second.

He is a consistent 20ppg scorer who is in the top 10 in most offensive categories in the league.

- Ranks #19 in the NBA in Points Per Game(19.8)
- Ranks #12 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.3)
- Ranks #19 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.488)
- Ranks #11 in the NBA in Free-Throw Percentage(0.868)
- Ranks #13 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(303.0)
- Ranks #6 in the NBA in Free Throws(223.0)
- Ranks #8 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(257.0)
- Ranks #9 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(281.0)
- Ranks #15 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(6.7)
- Ranks #8 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(392.0)
- Ranks #11 in the NBA in Points(833.0)
- Ranks #6 in the NBA in Double-doubles(20.0)
- Ranks #18 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(9.57)
- Ranks #7 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes(7.05)
- Ranks #15 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(8.12)
- Ranks #17 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(26.3)
- Ranks #7 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(934.0)
- Ranks #11 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(22.24)
- Ranks #7 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(29.51)

For those of you who always revert back to starts are meaningless, yada yada, keep your theories to yourself because I believe stats get it done.

Shareef is an excellent all around player and even if he is just a "piece," he is a piece that this Chicago Bull organization doesn't have. I was at the Pacer/Hawk game the other evening and he gave Jermaine O'Neal absolute fits. Had JO not gotten a lot of whistle help, the Hawks win that game because of SAR.

You want to fix the Hawks... it isn't SAR, Ratliff and the bigs... it's the guards. Jason Terry is horrid IMO and cost them the game most of the time with his piss poor decision making. I honestly think he still thinks he is playing at the U of A.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!
I'd take SAR in a second.

He is a consistent 20ppg scorer who is in the top 10 in most offensive categories in the league.

- Ranks #19 in the NBA in Points Per Game(19.8)
- Ranks #12 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.3)
- Ranks #19 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.488)
- Ranks #11 in the NBA in Free-Throw Percentage(0.868)
- Ranks #13 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(303.0)
- Ranks #6 in the NBA in Free Throws(223.0)
- Ranks #8 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(257.0)
- Ranks #9 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(281.0)
- Ranks #15 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(6.7)
- Ranks #8 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(392.0)
- Ranks #11 in the NBA in Points(833.0)
- Ranks #6 in the NBA in Double-doubles(20.0)
- Ranks #18 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(9.57)
- Ranks #7 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes(7.05)
- Ranks #15 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(8.12)
- Ranks #17 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(26.3)
- Ranks #7 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(934.0)
- Ranks #11 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(22.24)
- Ranks #7 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(29.51)

For those of you who always revert back to starts are meaningless, yada yada, keep your theories to yourself because I believe stats get it done.

Shareef is an excellent all around player and even if he is just a "piece," he is a piece that this Chicago Bull organization doesn't have. I was at the Pacer/Hawk game the other evening and he gave Jermaine O'Neal absolute fits. Had JO not gotten a lot of whistle help, the Hawks win that game because of SAR.

You want to fix the Hawks... it isn't SAR, Ratliff and the bigs... it's the guards. Jason Terry is horrid IMO and cost them the game most of the time with his piss poor decision making. I honestly think he still thinks he is playing at the U of A.
Hey---I agree with you. But I say that to mean that he's not going to come in and change this organization around. He's a building block, not a cornerstone.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
I'd get SAR if we could get him without giving up one of CCCH. He isn't going to turn us around, but he does represent a significant talent upgrade provided we don't give up one of the above. I like the idea of throwing in our 1st rounder top 5 protected and giving them pretty much anyone else they want on our roster (but who would that be? we stink!)

SAR wouldn't lead us anywhere, but he's a talent and he'll score for us. At this point I'm happy to add talent even if it isn't the "last piece", just to be a little more competitive and entertaining...as long as we don't mortgage our future for a guy like SAR. He's a complement, not the answer.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!

:rolleyes:
two can play at that game...

:nah:

they'd have to be desperate to make a deal that didn't include at least one of them, I realize that. Our lottery pick would be enticing, but I think they'd only take our other spare parts for him if they were ending contracts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.