Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about you guys but i want to get rid of shareef b/c i would much rather have miles start and i dont want reef here to jeopardize that....also i think we could get a really good shooting guard and a throw in for him....i want an explosive shooter...say like j rich or vc...juss an idea...id ontr know but does anyone else have ideas or comments...post em' and lets talk about it

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I've always liked the idea of trading Rahim (plus a pick?) for Tyson Chandler and Scottie Pippen:

* Chandler is a good shot blocker, and can only get better (if he stays healthy, which is a big IF) . Think a 7'1" Theo Ratliff.
* Scottie Pippen (though, just a cap filler) He can teach a lot of our young guys about the game (He really took Qyntel under his wing his rookie year). With Gurg on board, having two guys like Pip and Tim teaching Telfair, Outlaw and Woods would be a great move, not to mention, he's an expiring contract after this season.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Dallas trades: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.3 minutes)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (16.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.6 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and -2.3 apg.

Portland trades: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (16.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.6 minutes)
Portland receives: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 6 games)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 26 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.6 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and +2.3 apg

Portland

C: Ratliff
PF: Randolph
SF: Miles
SG: Stack
PG: Stoudemire
Bench: Anderson, Henderson, NVE, Frahm, Patterson, Outlaw, Woods, Telfair

·
Banned
765 Posts
Ugg, we've already talked about just about every possible Rahim rumor or trade idea out there.

If Rahim decides to play his little hold out game, Paul Allen saves 14 million dollars. Wow, what leverage Rahim has. :laugh:

And Rahim is not even an important player to our team. He was an average bench player last year.

But now, is it possible to trade him for Baron Davis, who has demanded a trade?

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Bus, plane, automobile, bicycle, gondola, rickshaw, hang-glider, surfboard, balloon, catapult?

Yeah....catapult. :yes:

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Lakota_Blazer</b>!
^ That idea sucks. I'd much rather keep Shareef than Jerry Stackhouse and junk. No thnx.:sour:
But wasn't it mentioned here that Jerry Stackhouse was better than Bonzi Wells? :eek:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HOWIE</b>!

But wasn't it mentioned here that Jerry Stackhouse was better than Bonzi Wells? :eek:
And I wouldn't trade S.A-R. for Bonzi Wells either.

If we could trade S.A-R. for a shooting guard that can average somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 points per game on decent shooting ~45% ~35 from 3 and a big man that can backup Zach and play at the 5 if need be it wouldn't be a bad idea. The only trade I can think of that does that is the supposedly rumored one to Orlando for Mobley and Cato. But I don't think Orlando would do that.

The problem with trading S.A-R. is that it doesn't seem like he's got very much trade value. Most every deal I've heard rumored has some kind of horrible flaw. LIke Kerry Kittles is really only worth a second round draft pick, Wally Z has a horrible contract and a tendancy to get injured, etc.

The way I'm seeing it is that we're not really going anywhere this year. At best we make the playoffs and lose in the first round. So it's the future that really matters. If Nash has a good plan for free agency in the 05 off season we might be better off just keeping S.A-R. for the year and letting his contract expire.

Here's my whacky idea for how it might work. We renounce all our free agents. We'd have about 16 mil in salary cap space (20 mil minus the 4 mil for retaining Zach's rights. If we can find a way to deal DA or Ruben for a couple guys with smaller contracts, one or two of whom would be expiring it could be more). We might be able to snag a top notch free agent like Ray Allen or (dare I dream) Michael Redd and then sign theo with the remaining money (I'm thinking a deal that starts at 6 mil but goes past his playing days. Let's say he'll play for 4 more years but we sign him for a 7 year deal) and then we resign Zach. We might even be able to resign Damon for the veteran's minimum. Then you tie up loose ends like signing our draft pick and Monia and who ever else.

My numbers are probably off and there's any number of extra rules in the CBA that might take a chunk of cap space away. The future at the 5 spot is kind of shaky and we'd be thin at the 4 behind Randolph, but I'd be pretty happy with the following depth chart for next year.

c- Ratliff, Pryzbilla
pf- Zach, Kryapa
sf- Miles, Ruben, Outlaw
sg- Redd, Anderson, Monia
pg- Damon, Telfair

1 - 11 of 11 Posts