Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
PLus he made the game winning layup with 1.2 seconds left!

He's gonna be one of the best IF he can stay healthy!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Shaun Livingston is just a special talent, and I knew it when he came into the league. I remember I wanted the Mavs to have a shot at him but they didn't. He would have been in the running for rookie of the year if he didn't get injured. He might be the next super PG in this league as he makes amazing passes. I just can imagine him passing it to Dirk on the wing that would be sick.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Very nice.
Too bad he's stuck on the Clippers so I probably won't hear much about him till he becomes a free agent.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
J Pops said:
if shaun can stay healthy he'll develop into something special. i wish we could have seen more from him because he is extremely talented at 6'9 to run the point and see the floor so well.
Shaun is 6'7. But nevertheless he is very talented. From the few games I've watched of him he's been pretty good especially considering he came out of high school last year. He seems so smooth on the court and his defense is solid. I am also concerned about his health, but this is just his first season. I'll give him a couple more years to see if he can last a whole NBA season.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Livingston would be a first ballot hall of famer if he retired today!

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Very impressive, now he just needs to get stronger to avoid injuries.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
wow he played great! he's going to be a VERY good player!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I liked this guy ever since I saw him play with The Clippers. Livingston plays very composed for his age. I don't see him trying to do too much, like most rookies do and he has great court sense. He would be excellent at the point. He has great hands, always looks up the court, is extremely tall as a point guard(6'7"), and listens to his coach and teammates.

The only big negative about him is his frail body which has caused him to miss too many games in his rookie season. A good dietician and trainer would help Shaun immensely. This guy is going to be a very good player and if he keeps improving, he could be something special.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
His defense is also very impressive for a guy right out of high school. With height and length he can become an outstanding defender to complement his point skills

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Just judging by his size and his skillset, he looks to be the "next Penny". Don't be jealous John, it was bound to happen. :biggrin:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Pinball said:
Just judging by his size and his skillset, he looks to be the "next Penny". Don't be jealous John, it was bound to happen. :biggrin:
Maybe not a Penny, more like a Ron Harper (a healthy one). More than likely, probably somewhere in between both players. He has abilities of both, but I see more of a Harper. I'm not insulting Livingston. I think Ron Harper was a very good shooting guard before his injuries, and then became a thinking man's point guard. Shaun could be an amalgam of an early athletic Harper with great basketball sense.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I think Livingston has more skills than Harper and Penny for his age. Harper was athletic, but Shaun has more ball handling and passing skills.

If I could take any young PG in the league to start my ballclub with, Livingston would be the #1 pick. This includes guys like Hinrich, Jameer Nelson, Delonte West and the new picks coming out this year.

·
Registered
394 Posts
compsciguy78 said:
I think Livingston has more skills than Harper and Penny for his age. Harper was athletic, but Shaun has more ball handling and passing skills.

If I could take any young PG in the league to start my ballclub with, Livingston would be the #1 pick. This includes guys like Hinrich, Jameer Nelson, Delonte West and the new picks coming out this year.
I hope you're right. Livingston reminds me of old school players.

This team is absolutely horrible. yet i am behind them 95%!!
Where did the other 5% go?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts