Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this guy be a good fit for the nets?

·
Registered
976 Posts
thenetsfan said:
Would this guy be a good fit for the nets?
If by Nets you mean Compton Rehab Clinic, than yes

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GrandKenyon6 said:
Well, he can probably still jump higher than all of our bigs combined.
Well, yeah thats true.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
As a vet minimum contract why not? He's drastically trimmed down from when he was last in the league, has playoff experience, and is hungry to prove that he can still play at the highest level. He's a low post threat and his size has always been trouble for anybody guarding him. He might take a few games to get his legs underneath him but the skills this guy posesses should definately be considered. We need another big who can guard both the 4 and 5 so again why not? His attitude? We need guys with a chip on their shoulder to give our squad some edge and pump some life back into the rest of the team. He'd be our most potent low post threat since Kenyon and it's not like we'd be getting him to play 35 minutes a night but off the bench he could play a good 15 and really give us another dimension. There are alot older players around the league still contributing so what better a place then Jersey where not only could we use the help but maybe being around some of our players could help him as well.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I'm interested in seeing what he can still do. The only thing I think might cause problems is the interviews I saw with him, he still thinks he can be a superstar. That could make him motivated to prove people wrong...or it might end up causing problems if he doesn't get the minutes he "deserves"

He's got a long way to go before coming back to the NBA.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
10 day contract, give him 10 min. a game, then go from there.

This, of course, is all dependent on wheter he can avoid the snowman.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
This is "my" 5 of ~current(~because Kemp isn't really in the league) NBA players....

J-Kidd
Vince Carter
Shawn Kemp
Troy Murphy
Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Any chance we have of completing "my" team, I'm all for it :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
This is "my" 5 of ~current(~because Kemp isn't really in the league) NBA players....

J-Kidd
Vince Carter
Shawn Kemp
Troy Murphy
Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Any chance we have of completing "my" team, I'm all for it :D
a 280 pound Small Foward...that would be hard to guard

but yea, I consider the Spurs and Pistons better than that team

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Kidd > Billups > Parker
VC > Rip > Manu
Prince > Kemp > Bowen
Duncan > Murphy = Sheed
Iggy = Benny > Rasho

"My" team easily beats San An/Detroit....I dunno about "my" bench though....

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
I'm interested in seeing what he can still do. The only thing I think might cause problems is the interviews I saw with him, he still thinks he can be a superstar. That could make him motivated to prove people wrong...or it might end up causing problems if he doesn't get the minutes he "deserves"

He's got a long way to go before coming back to the NBA.
I think he certainly deserves one more chance if he has indeed cleaned himself up, settled down and been on a training regimen. HOWEVER, I can't imagine he is anywhere near as quick as he was when averaged a double double for six straight years. He was the big cat. Hope someone takes a shot at him, but I can't imagine it will be the Nets.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
What are the odds that a player could return to the NBA five years after the last season he played at a high level and help a team like the Nets win a championship?

I'm all for low risk/high reward options, but even if we took a look at him, I wouldn't expect much.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Net2 said:
10 day contract, give him 10 min. a game, then go from there.

This, of course, is all dependent on wheter he can avoid the snowman.
I kind of like the idea. One of those "whats the worst that could happen" type things. If he can do something, then good. If he can't perform, he's gone.

But then again, I might be blinded by my memories of what he once was. Even when he was in Orlando though, he was a (very, very large) shell of his former self, but he was still a decent role player.

Regardless of what team its with, I'd like to see him atleast get a shot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i've been campaigning for the reignman's inclusion to the nets during the off-season and it seemed that a lot were not in favor of it. let's forget about shawn kemp's activities outside the basketball court for a minute. besides' he says that he's matured and has learned from his mistakes in life.

we need a big man who can score, rebound and defend. kemp can do that. the nets won't lose anything if they sign him for a 10-day contract. you can always boot him out if he fails to meet the expectation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts