Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LeBron is a better scorer and play maker, but Marion seems to be doing all of the dirty work for a great Suns team, and is one of the best rebounders in the league, a great stealer, a great defender, and a great finisher. He deserves all-nba first team more than James, after the cavs collapse.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I will agree with neither but I do think LeBron has been more important to his team this season. Could you imagine where Cleveland would be if LeBron didn't play? lol

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
As a well known Suns fan and supporter on this board people might think I will fully support this statement. While there is no doubt Pan is right that Marion probably doesn't get all the credit he deserves (doing the dirty work for the Suns.... especially playing PF at 6-7) I don't believe it is accurate to say he deserves 1st team honors over LeBron. While the Cavs are collapsing (they'll still make the playoffs but will probably be the weakest playoff team in either division) it is undesputable as to how good LeBron has been. Putting up 25-7-7 is something that has almost never been done, especially at the percentages he's been doing them at. Not to say Marion hasn't had a great season. In fact a majority of this board puts him on 3rd team honors and that's probably a fair and acurate view of his performance.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Well, Marion might deserve it over LeBron, but not over Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, and T-Mac.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Amare ended up making 2nd Team All-NBA while Marion makes it on the 3rd team. People are going to see one of the league's top scorers on the best team in the league and automatically put Amare above Marion probably.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
Well, Marion might deserve it over LeBron, but not over Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, and T-Mac.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Amare ended up making 2nd Team All-NBA while Marion makes it on the 3rd team. People are going to see one of the league's top scorers on the best team in the league and automatically put Amare above Marion probably.
I think the league leader in PPS (who scores 26 a game), on the team with the best record in the league, has to be at least on the second team. My personal opinion.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I won't go as far as to agree with the title, but Shawn Marion deserves as much of the credit as Amare Stoudemire for the Suns resurgence (both behind Nash, of course). I mean, he too has moved position, and is more of a finesse player than power player... yet still manages to put up 11rpg and great defensive stats.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Greg Ostertag! said:
I won't go as far as to agree with the title, but Shawn Marion deserves as much of the credit as Amare Stoudemire for the Suns resurgence (both behind Nash, of course). I mean, he too has moved position, and is more of a finesse player than power player... yet still manages to put up 11rpg and great defensive stats.
I agree. He isn't getting the credit he deserves, I would put him over Amare also right now. But neither that duo nor Lebron belongs on the first team. Lebron belongs more though, as he is easily the most important important player on an (up until recently) good Cavaliers team, plus he's the better player between the two.Marion is simply not more important to those Suns than Lebron is to his team, and Lebron has led his to a playoff berth.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I guarantee he will make the All-NBA 3rd team.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Marion does not deserve all nba 1st team over Lebron.
Whoever said he might desereve it over Lebron but not over Tmac or Dirk is on drugs.

Lebron deserves to be on that team more than Tmac or Dirk. You mention the Cavs record...sure, it could be better, but who the **** is valuable on that team? Without Lebron, the Cavs would go 10-72, if that. Without Dirk and Tmac, the Rox and Mavs would have a much better record without a doubt.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
hendrix2430 said:
Marion does not deserve all nba 1st team over Lebron.
Whoever said he might desereve it over Lebron but not over Tmac or Dirk is on drugs.

Lebron deserves to be on that team more than Tmac or Dirk. You mention the Cavs record...sure, it could be better, but who the **** is valuable on that team? Without Lebron, the Cavs would go 10-72, if that. Without Dirk and Tmac, the Rox and Mavs would have a much better record without a doubt.
Didn't big Z go to the all-star game? Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
tempe85 said:
Didn't big Z go to the all-star game? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Twice.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Sure he did go to the All Star game twice...do I think he was worthy of going? No.

The whole team is disfunctional, nobody's playing aggressive. Z is slow and has soft hands. His defense is beyond atrocious. Besides Lebron, Drew Gooden is the only player in the starting lineup worth something right now IMO. Z has been seriously declining since the week after the break. Had he been playing like that before the all star weekend, NO WAY would he be an all star.

The Rockets have a great team, with a lot of great players. Bob Sura, Juwan Howard, Yao Ming, Mutombo, David Wesley, Jon Barry, Weatherspoon, Tracy McGrady. The entire team brings something.

Look at the Mavs: Jason Terry, Finley, Dirk, Howard, Van Horn, Dampier, Stackhouse, Devin Harris...

Then Check out the Cavs: Lebron, Z, Gooden, Newble, Pavlovic, Varerjao, Snow, McGinnis, Diop, Scott Williams...

There's a clear difference there...IMO, the best lineup the Cavs could have would be:

PG: Snow
SG: Pavlovic
SF: James
PF: Gooden
C: Varejao

This is a VERY young lineup besides Snow. But it's the best thing right now for the Cavs. Pavolivic and Varerjao have great potential. AV especially is a Ben Wallace "type" player who has a pretty good jumper. Great rebounding ability and defensive instincts.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
hendrix2430 said:
Sure he did go to the All Star game twice...do I think he was worthy of going? No.

The whole team is disfunctional, nobody's playing aggressive. Z is slow and has soft hands. His defense is beyond atrocious. Besides Lebron, Drew Gooden is the only player in the starting lineup worth something right now IMO. Z has been seriously declining since the week after the break. Had he been playing like that before the all star weekend, NO WAY would he be an all star.

The Rockets have a great team, with a lot of great players. Bob Sura, Juwan Howard, Yao Ming, Mutombo, David Wesley, Jon Barry, Weatherspoon, Tracy McGrady. The entire team brings something.

Look at the Mavs: Jason Terry, Finley, Dirk, Howard, Van Horn, Dampier, Stackhouse, Devin Harris...

Then Check out the Cavs: Lebron, Z, Gooden, Newble, Pavlovic, Varerjao, Snow, McGinnis, Diop, Scott Williams...

There's a clear difference there...IMO, the best lineup the Cavs could have would be:

PG: Snow
SG: Pavlovic
SF: James
PF: Gooden
C: Varejao

k i also dont think Z shouldnt of been an all star but..i still think Z desreves to be in the starting lineup instead of this Varejao guy..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts