Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been listening to the Quick chat, but over on the O-Live board they are talking about what he said...apparently Sheed is holding out until he receives the contract extension that he was "promised" from Nash. I can't confirm this since I wasn't listening, but apparently Quick is writing a story about it for tomorrow's paper. If this is true, get Sheed out of town now!!! I'm tired of his act. He needs to go. I hope they dock his pay for every game he misses until they trade his butt outa here.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
What a complete loser. I am only getting 17 million dollars, and I need a contract for next year. Nash should offer the veteran minimum for 7 years with club options every year. I can't believe if this is true, he would even have one fan left in Portland.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Swoosh</b>!
I haven't been listening to the Quick chat, but over on the O-Live board they are talking about what he said...apparently Sheed is holding out until he receives the contract extension that he was "promised" from Nash. I can't confirm this since I wasn't listening, but apparently Quick is writing a story about it for tomorrow's paper. If this is true, get Sheed out of town now!!! I'm tired of his act. He needs to go. I hope they dock his pay for every game he misses until they trade his butt outa here.
This is the first I've heard of an extension being "promised" to him. Maybe it wasn't promised by Nash but by Whitsitt? Or maybe he misinterpreted something that Nash said to him? Or did Nash really make this promise and withdraw it? Or is Rasheed just holding out and there was no promise?

Speculation, speculation, speculation....

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Regardless of whether it's true or not, if it hits the paper in the morning, expect Sheed to hear some serious boos if/when he does play here again.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
What evidence is there that Rasheed is holding out? I don't see any, myself. Of course, some might come to light but currently booing Rasheed because he MIGHT be holding out over contract issues is silly and just weird.

Ed O.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Bah! If there is any substantial truth to this story, I'll offer to hold the cup for Damon's next urine test!

The team is struggling with Sheed out, so Quick has to find some way to make Sheed the bad guy - rather than admit that the team benefits from having him on the floor.

:soapbox: :rocket: You don't like Sheed? Get over it and do your job like a pro!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Rumor has it that Shaq is doing the same thing to the Lakers..... which is just as bad.. but the guy also got them 3 rings.. so at least he has some bargaining power by holding out...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yea lets BOO sheed because he wants to keep playing here and if speculation is right if nash Promised him he is just another GM who lies out there Arse! hmm..Larry bird comes to mind.

I think they should re-sign him, Dont get me wrong I mean a more decent contract is due but if Sheed wants to stay here that bad he will take it. Also the ones saying we are going to boo..Do u really think Walker or Jamison is going to be better?? or anyone else Nash brings in , i mean we are not going to get Mcgrady or Shaq or anyone else. Maybe if P-town showed the love to SHEED instead of constant crap talking which Started as soon as SHEED got here, Maybe SHEED would play with Heart again. I dont care if he makes 17mil and is a professional when u are treated like Garbage, U will play Like Garbage NUFF SAID.

Finally thats even if quick isnt just trying to get things stirred up because i mean we wouldnt want to talk about Damon, or how Zach is struggling or how cheeks cant coach but make an excuse to make sheed look like the worst guy on earth.

One last thing...Dont you think if Sheed was really holding out on a contract he wouldnt even travel with the team?? I mean usually hold-outs dont usually do that..They stay home and wait for the call. Hmm..can u say BS

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I think y'all are getting worked up over nothing. Remember who the source of this particular rumor is.

PBF

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Why all the Jason Quick hate?

He is the beat writer. He follows the team. He knows the players, management and the coaches. He talks with guys on and around the team on a daily basis. If he says something like this is happening...most likely it is.

He's not a columnist like Canzano, he's a reporter. Why is there an assumption that Jason Quick is lying? He could very easily get fired if he started making up 'facts.'

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
BTW Quik himself didn't bring the speculation up. Someone else did and he confirmed he had heard a similar rumor.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
BTW Quik himself didn't bring the speculation up. Someone else did and he confirmed he had heard a similar rumor.
A rumor about a rumor ;)

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Fork</b>!
Why all the Jason Quick hate?
Because he and Rasheed don't get along, and he's shown a bias against Rasheed because he won't talk to him...

I agree that JQ DOES have access the rest of us don't and I appreciate what he rights and the insight he gives. But accounting for the biases that have consistently appeared in his writing seems wise to me.

Ed O.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

....Because he and Rasheed don't get along, and he's shown a bias against Rasheed because he won't talk to him...
Why would he show bias towards Sheed when, in actualty, Wallace doesn't talk to.....anybody? :confused:

Perhaps, he just puts Sheed on ignore.......... :yes:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I don't know if there is any truth to this but if there is I would assume that Sheed is burning his bridges in Portland.

BTW if true the longer Sheed sits the better our draft pick. :D

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Oldmangrouch</b>!
Bah! If there is any substantial truth to this story, I'll offer to hold the cup for Damon's next urine test!

The team is struggling with Sheed out, so Quick has to find some way to make Sheed the bad guy - rather than admit that the team benefits from having him on the floor.

:soapbox: :rocket: You don't like Sheed? Get over it and do your job like a pro!
What if Damon is the kind whom misses?

-Petey

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
What evidence is there that Rasheed is holding out? I don't see any, myself. Of course, some might come to light but currently booing Rasheed because he MIGHT be holding out over contract issues is silly and just weird.

Ed O.
I am going to the game tonight. Please tell me how do I differentiate between the “holding out” boos, the “dope smoking” boos, the “won’t talk to the press” boos, the “won’t sign autographs” boos, the “everyone is booing so I am too” boos, etc., etc., etc.?

SB :D

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!

What if Damon is the kind whom misses?

-Petey
I'm wearing hip-wadders and elbow length rubber gloves!!;)

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Scarlett Black</b>!

I am going to the game tonight. Please tell me how do I differentiate between the “holding out” boos, the “dope smoking” boos, the “won’t talk to the press” boos, the “won’t sign autographs” boos, the “everyone is booing so I am too” boos, etc., etc., etc.?

SB :D
Wouldn't it be kinda wild to see a boo wave done that way?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts