Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who listened to the game on the radio last night, Sheed did a very candid interview with Wheels & Rice. He was so upbeat with those guys. At first I thought maybe it was DA, but it was Sheed.

Here's bits & pieces of what he said for those of you who couldn't catch it (not word for word, BTW, but here's the jist):

WHEELS: "With all the trade rumors, is it a distraction on the court?"
SHEED: "No, when I'm on the court that's the only time I get peace & quiet." (Sheed, Rice, & Wheels all start laughing.)

RICE: "You kept the Kings to a season low 33% from the field. (Wows from Sheed). How did you guys do it?"
SHEED: "Well you know we don't have a lot of trouble putting the ball in the basket but I told the guys at half-time that it's all about the defense. We've been giving up way too many lay-ups, breakaways, & open jumpers. We've gotta play better D."

RICE: "Is it time to party now?"
SHEED: "Oh yeah, you bet ya!" (They all start crackin up.)

Jason Quick take note. These guys respect the players, support them, & never twist their words. It was great to here Sheed so loose & jokin around with the guys.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Thanks for the recap. That is good stuff. You make a very good point about Quick. And he can't figure out why some Blazer players don't want to talk to him. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with Quick myself if I was a player. You wouldn't have any idea how he would bogart a quote or twist things up. Quick is a worthless piece of ****!!! IMHO.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Oh yeah, great to hear Sheed say it's time to party. "Load up the Hummer Damon!"

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>goldfinger2020</b>!
WHEELS: "With all the trade rumors, is it a distraction on the court?"
SHEED: "No, when I'm on the court that's the only time I get peace & quiet." (Sheed, Rice, & Wheels all start laughing.)
RICE: Would you like to return to Portland next season?
SHEED: It's not just up to me, it's not just my decision. I've got to talk to my Moms and make sure it's what the wifey wants too.

The wifey reference cracked me up. He was very loose and bubbly about the win. They asked him about what happened in overtime when he got a Tech after picking up his 6th in just 28 minutes. He said, "I can't tell you what I was really thinking because we're on the radio (another big laugh had by all). I didn't like the call, but it's all good now."

I missed the Tech as nature had called, but Rice made it sound pretty bogus. Anyone catch it?

STOMP

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I missed the Tech as nature had called, but Rice made it sound pretty bogus. Anyone catch it?
I guess after he got his 6th foul Sheed walked over to the bench & was giving the ref the evil eye, not saying anything, but just staring him down. It's not the first time Sheed's got T'd up for the double E.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
One thing to remembre about Wheels and Rice, they are iun a sense co-workers with Sheed. They work for the Blazers organization and often accompany them on trips on the plane.

Big difference.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
One thing to remembre about Wheels and Rice, they are iun a sense co-workers with Sheed. They work for the Blazers organization and often accompany them on trips on the plane.

Big difference.
Shouldn't matter much. I dont' think Sheed does many interviews with others in the Blazer organization. They just show respect and don't twist anything around like others do. Quick is a joke...period.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The lame thing about Rasheed is it seems he'll only talk after he played a great game, and the team wins. Just can't face the music in a loss.

I'm still pro-Sheed, but how can the apologists justify that kind of immaturity?

In all, I'm content to accept him as is. I love his fire, even if it boils out of control too often.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Are you guys serious?

"Moms" is an expression for mother. It's not plural. I hear it more from blacks than whites. Which is the problem I had with people freaking out about Sheed's use of the n-word. Sheed was just talking how he talks. That's his language, for better or worse.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>antibody</b>!

Shouldn't matter much. I dont' think Sheed does many interviews with others in the Blazer organization. They just show respect and don't twist anything around like others do. Quick is a joke...period.
Actually it can make a big difference. I have often heard, as I am sure many people have, that team broadcasters have a slight "gag order" where they are not allowed to come across that the team is bad or there is something wrong with a player's attitude and what not. They can say a team is lacking focus or they are playing poorly, but the really are not in a postiion to put a player or team management on the spot. They in a sense are not Media as Quik or Crapzano is. Rasheed does not have top worry about inflamatory questions about him personally, or about his attitude.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
never crossed my mind to refer to someone as "moms" in the say way we can refer to a father as "pops"..but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
They in a sense are not Media as Quik or Crapzano is. Rasheed does not have top worry about inflamatory questions about him personally, or about his attitude.
Sheed sure didn't have a problem talking to John Thompson though. He was fairly candid during the interview which had some direct questions about his behavior and attitude. Thompson is a media guy but he respects Sheed and doesn't twist things around or make up bogus BS like the Quick folks. I don't buy the media thing at all. Then again, Rice and Wheeler are not going to ask personal questions right after a game.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.