Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the Detroit news that was Sheed's 16 tech for the season. What is interesting is that the Detroit news is saying that Dale Davis will likely start and not Dice.

There will be no confusion about the starting lineup against the Hornets on Tuesday -- Rasheed Wallace will not be in it.

He picked up his 16th technical foul of the season in the third quarter and will become the first player suspended under the NBA's new technical foul rules. He also will be suspended for a game for every other subsequent technical foul.

"I don't care about the 16 techs, you all should know that about me by now," he said. "It doesn't change nothing about us or what we're doing. There will be no difference. We will still go out and do what we've got to do to get the win. I will be here in heart, but I will be cheering from home."

No. 16 was a touchy call by referee Bennie Adams . Ben Wallace had been fouled hard by Tim Thomas . Wallace and Chauncey Billups were arguing that it should have been a flagrant foul on Thomas.

When asked how much of Wallace's problems with officials stem from his past reputation, Saunders said: "All of it. He gets a lot of technicals that other guys don't get. He's gotten some that he's deserved and he's gotten some that are questionable because of his reputation."

With Wallace out, the Pistons NBA-record streak of games started by the same fivesome will end at 73.

Don't look for McDyess to start in place of Wallace. It will probably be Dale Davis .

"I think Dale's going to start," McDyess said. "I would rather keep the same rotation."
http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060403/SPORTS0102/604030388/1127

· Registered
656 Posts
This tech rule doesn't continue with the playoffs, correct?

· Premium Member
9,280 Posts
Does the tech rule restart in the playoffs though? And as far as Dale Davis starting instead of McDyess, I can understand why McDyess wants to keep the same rotation.

It's just a shame our 73 game streak of the same starters comes to and end for something stupid like this.

· Registered
855 Posts
i was hoping they could go the entire season with the starters, oh well

· Registered
708 Posts
thrillhouse said:
i was hoping they could go the entire season with the starters, oh well
Theres always next year!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.