1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn

Ok, enough with the rhymes

Point of this thread

Where are we going, it doesn't seem very good.

We have:

A Center who is getting old and won't last much longer
A power forward who looks even fatter than Shaq on NBA 2k2
A small forward that sucks!!! :mad: He can't shoot!
A shooting guard who is SUPPOSE to be one of the best in the league, who is one of the most talented players in the league, but has a major practicing problem, and will end up being suspended for at least a week or two
A point guard who is getting old and won't last much longer

(Banging my head on the keyboard, Hold on a sec)

agl jeglSDhWEH 1GADGljkadlbjlsbml;dhjproiy3 iymh'kd'hk'dfkh {I-38`2 QE
h'sflkh'SJh ;lkjfhl;sjkfh;sjh;wrohi[we0ti9=-308t ';keg'as'

Ok I'm back

So what do we do????

To me this seems more like a "Last year's Ram's defense thing to me" Wipe it out, and start over. We need to be agressive, sign players we want, go after trades, rebuild our team, its a mess.

I want to see something different, something like this...

PG: Jeff McInnis
SG: Allen Iverson (PRACTICE!!!! PRACTICE!!!!!! YOUR BEING PAID MILLIONS!!! PRACTICE DAMN YOU!!!!)
SF: Hmmmmmm, How about..... Ricky Davis!!! I can dream can't I?
PF: Chris Wilcox (LA will be more than happy to get some goods out of their stock of power forwards)
C: Chris Mihm, I might be the only person on earth that thinks hes anything at all

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by STING
Damn

Ok, enough with the rhymes

Point of this thread

Where are we going, it doesn't seem very good.

We have:

A Center who is getting old and won't last much longer
A power forward who looks even fatter than Shaq on NBA 2k2
A small forward that sucks!!! :mad: He can't shoot!
A shooting guard who is SUPPOSE to be one of the best in the league, who is one of the most talented players in the league, but has a major practicing problem, and will end up being suspended for at least a week or two
A point guard who is getting old and won't last much longer

(Banging my head on the keyboard, Hold on a sec)

agl jeglSDhWEH 1GADGljkadlbjlsbml;dhjproiy3 iymh'kd'hk'dfkh {I-38`2 QE
h'sflkh'SJh ;lkjfhl;sjkfh;sjh;wrohi[we0ti9=-308t ';keg'as'

Ok I'm back

So what do we do????

To me this seems more like a "Last year's Ram's defense thing to me" Wipe it out, and start over. We need to be agressive, sign players we want, go after trades, rebuild our team, its a mess.

I want to see something different, something like this...

PG: Jeff McInnis
SG: Allen Iverson (PRACTICE!!!! PRACTICE!!!!!! YOUR BEING PAID MILLIONS!!! PRACTICE DAMN YOU!!!!)
SF: Hmmmmmm, How about..... Ricky Davis!!! I can dream can't I?
PF: Chris Wilcox (LA will be more than happy to get some goods out of their stock of power forwards)
C: Chris Mihm, I might be the only person on earth that thinks hes anything at all [/QUOTE]

STING i didnt know you felt this way about the sixers. Well you dont have to worry about Harpring cause he wont be back. AI most likely wont get suspended, but he most likely wont practice. What if he was gonna get suspended and david stern told him that his suspension was a year full of PRactice. i think AI would rather be in jail. I like the thought of those guys here even though none of it would happen

·
Registered
694 Posts
The 6ers need some high quality backups, some of the people that you named in the lineup seem to be more of a backup role than a starter in the NBA. but hey, remember '01?? IMO they didn't really have all the big names that NBA Final teams usually have. so ya never know with this bunch...

·
Registered
414 Posts
The good news is the 76ers made the bench more equal to the starters. The bad news is thay partially did it by having the aging starters play more like a bench squad.

It is very clear from the draft and signings (except Rentzias) the 76ers are trying to get a 2001 type squad to pull off another miracle. Ain't gonna happen.

It's a pretty sweet backcourt, except for missing a bomber.
They need the top 3 to be healthy, and Salmons and Buckner are an upgrade over Bell and Cummings (although he could shoot).

The frontcourt is barely playoff caliber. A good defensive center who tries but fails on offense. A good offensive PF who can not defend anywhere but the low post. SF has gone down each year from Lynch to Harpring to whatever. Sub quality players are starting again at this vital position. I'd feel a lot better if they signed Rodney Rodgers, even if he is flawed.

I like Clancy, and would have picked him at #16 if healthy.
I believe he will see pine and DL however.

Dalembert looked liked a Bulls player last year, a clueless runner/jumper. This is too bad, because Mutombo should not play more than 30 minutes-ever!

It hard to see this team enforcing its will on the opponents like they did in 2001, physically and emotionally wearing them down.
Since they can't beat you offensively unless Iverson goes off for a big night, I think they are just over a .500 team.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
The more time that passes, the more I realize that there is no miracle serum that will bring back the dream year that was 2001. Mutombo played his way into a big contract, and it looks like we have to deal with it.

It's sad, but true.

So I won't go around, and conjure up a dream of a roster that will take us to the promise land (and if I did, it would include Shaq). We've got a solid roster, not a roster that's guaranteed for playoffs, but solid enough for us to compete for a spot. We're pretty close in the talks with Rodney Rogers, since the Sixers are the only team willing to pay him 2.1 million a season.

While Rodney Rogers may sound good, he's in no way shape or form a long term fix. He's getting up there in years, and he adds to an already lead footed front court. But he adds a versatility that besides McKie, no one on the team (excluding Salmons) can play three positions.

But other things I have been hearing, is that Buckner is being looked at to do something he's never done in his career.. which is play the point. Not starting mind you, but he'll see considerable minutes backing up Eric Snow. While Monty Williams will be used as a 8th man (assuming the Rogers deal goes down).

With what we got on the table now, it sounds a little more attractive. With McKie coming off the bench, whenever he and Buckner are on the court, they would basically be playing an alternating role of SF and PG. Atleast that's how I see it.

Only downsides to this is that Mutombo has years left, but if no deal is had right now, nothing will happen until the offseason prior to his last year on the contract. And by the point when he reaches the end of his contract, it doesn't make any logical sense to trade him. But it happens all the time around the league.

I'll be the first to step out and say, that Mutombo playing isn't really too bad if he would do his assignments. If he'd come out to defend the guy he's guarding, if he became more active on the defensive end. With an improved perimeter defense, the team can utilize a defense where they funnel the defender into Mutombo, much like what is used in San Antonio. While doing that, the number of touches Mutombo gets per game should be limited, so we can all not have to see the true awfulness of his bobble fingers coming in contact with the ball.

My pessimistic view, has lifted, and maybe some light is shining through the dark clouds, but nothing is guaranteed. Like I said earlier, it's still going to be a fight to make it into the postseason.

-Tim

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah BEEZ, I'm a Celtics and Sixers fan. I just post more at the Celts forum because I moderate there. When the season starts you'll hear from me alot more here ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts