• Yes!

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No!

Votes: 8 33.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
He trie to fix the lottery teams and he comes up with dumb ****. Like for the Hawks he said Terry struggled at point when truth be told he struggled at shooting guard and was most comfortable at point. Then he implied that Dicky was their PG of the future. WTF? Dicky was drafted to replace Jaque Vaughn as a backup. That is no PG of the future when you have a damn good point already in Terry who was getting better and better with every game at running the point. Trust me. Terry is the heart and soul of the Atlanta Hawks and is PG of the future. Not only is he their PG of the future. He is their future. So don't come up with stupid *** trades for the franchise players.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
No, he shouldn't be fired

I've read most of those articles he's written about how to fix the lottery teams, and for the most part they've been pretty good. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it's bad. He's got more resources than most of us can even hope to. He won't be right 100% of the time, but he's still not that bad.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by <b>moTIGS</b>!
I've read most of those articles he's written about how to fix the lottery teams, and for the most part they've been pretty good. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it's bad. He's got more resources than most of us can even hope to. He won't be right 100% of the time, but he's still not that bad.
Yes, you're right, Chad Ford has WAAAAAY more resources than most of us can ever hope to. And his ideas SUCK!

In the "How to fix the Bulls" article, he suggested that the Bulls trade Charles Oakley to the Wiz for Popeye Jones. IDIOTIC! Oakley has NO TRADE VALUE, and Popeye DOES. PLUS, the Bulls AIN'T gonna match any offer for Popeye. If MJ wanted Oak, he could sign him to the veteran's minimum, and he could re-sign Popeye and keep him. He could have both of them. IDIOTIC. Chad Ford is an NBA writer, and what the hell am I? He should know this stuff, and he doesn't.

To make matters worse, the other day, during his live chat on ESPN.com, I sent him a couple of questions. One of them said something about how the Pacers were gonna have a hard time re-signing their six free agents next summer (Jermaine O'Neal, Brad and Reggie Miller, Ron Artest, Jonathan Bender, and Jeff Foster). He didn't answer my question, but when somebody ELSE sent him a question about the Pacers, he mentioned how the team was going to have a hard time re-signing all of its free agents. THE OTHER QUESTION I asked him was something about the Spurs, I was wondering why everyone thinks the team is going to make a run at Jason Kidd when it seems pretty obvious that Michael Olowokandi is a better target (since Tony Parker is a fine and dirt-cheap PG option, and since David Robinson is retiring). AGAIN, he didn't answer my question, but someone else asked a question about the Spurs, and he said something about how the team might want to make a run at Olowokandi next summer instead of Jason Kidd.

THE DUDE TOTALLY RIPPED ME OFF! And he gave me no props! JESUS! All I've been reading over the past few weeks is how the Spurs are going to make a run at Jason Kidd, and the only person I know who has been suggesting otherwise, who has been saying that Olowokandi is a more likely target, is ME! I KNOW that Chad Ford hasn't been saying anything about Olowokandi signing with the Spurs!

The point is, I don't think Insider has much validity, it is consistently wrong. I think that Chad Ford gets his ideas from people like US! Seriously!

OH YEAH. The Clips are totally cheap, right? They are going to have lots of problems re-signing their players next summer, right? Their payroll is going to go WAY UP after next season, right? In Ford's "How to fix the Clippers" column, he suggested that the team trade for BO OUTLAW, who has 3 years $21 mil left on his contract, YES, the SAME CONTRACT that Orlando so desperately wanted to get rid of that they traded Phoenix back its #1 pick JUST TO TAKE OUTLAW OFF THEIR HANDS! Nobody wants Bo Outlaw, his contract is terrible--and Chad Ford thinks that the cheapest owner in the NBA is going to trade for him? WHAT?

See what I'm saying?

So there are TWO EXAMPLES of how Chad Ford HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. Plus, I gave you the inside scoop on how the dude totally ripped me off during his chat. What he SHOULD'VE done is answer my questions, he SHOULD'VE said, "Hey, good idea, Olowokandi is a better fit for the Spurs than Kidd," but NO, he answers somebody's "What do the Spurs need to do to win a championship, Mr. Ford?" question instead and rips me off! And he did the same thing with somebody's retarded Pacers question!

So I have PERSONAL FIRST-HAND EVIDENCE that Chad Ford is A TOTAL FRAUD. I only read his "How to fix the so-and-so's" columns so I can laugh at how little the guy knows about the NBA at this point.

PEOPLE! Don't read Chad Ford! Unless you wanna laugh! There are a couple of guys on RealGM.com who post some nice articles, one guy in particular (I can't remember the name he goes by) REALLY UNDERSTANDS how the collective bargaining agreement works. I get the impression that Chad Ford isn't really aware that there IS a collective bargaining agreement!

I'd like to see some of us write some good articles for THIS site and eventually take that idiot's job! How about THEM apples!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Only Reggie, Jermaine, and Brad are FA next summer. 2 summers from now Artest, Mercer, and Foster are FA. Reggie will either a)retire or b) Take a paycut or be renounced. That in turn frees up cap space to sign Jermaine to a max deal and Brad to about 7 mill a year. The year after that they can just let Mercer walk and then use that space to sign Artest. Or Artest could be traded this year. Also they have exceptions and so forth and Artest could fetch some talent. So the Pacers will really have no problem with FAs.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Wrong!

Originally posted by <b>Malakian</b>!
Only Reggie, Jermaine, and Brad are FA next summer. 2 summers from now Artest, Mercer, and Foster are FA. Reggie will either a)retire or b) Take a paycut or be renounced. That in turn frees up cap space to sign Jermaine to a max deal and Brad to about 7 mill a year. The year after that they can just let Mercer walk and then use that space to sign Artest. Or Artest could be traded this year. Also they have exceptions and so forth and Artest could fetch some talent. So the Pacers will really have no problem with FAs.
Artest, Bender, and Foster are ALL THREE restricted free agents next summer. ALL THREE will receive nice offers from other teams.

Reggie won't retire after next year. He'll either a) get re-signed by the Pacers (but NOT for less than $5 mil/year!), or b) get signed by the Spurs (who will need a new SG when they let Steve Smith walk, and Miller would be a GREAT FIT in San Antonio, he would start and play tons of minutes for a legit championship contender).

Brad Miller will get a lot of money because he's a center who can actually score AND rebound AND who isn't afraid to get dirty with Shaq. He'll get more than $7 mil/year--try $9-$10 mil/year.

The Pacers have BIG PAYROLL PROBLEMS. Croshere's gotta go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts