41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Interesting— they have been disappointing. I recall Loyola was consistently better than BU in the few years before we both joined the PL.

Will there be more?
If there is one, it would most likely be Joe Jones. Mike Brennan has two years left on his contract and I don't see AU eating it unless there is another turbulent offseason for them. I don't think there are any other obvious candidates for firing.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The PL record he shows for Jones is interesting - and very wrong. For regular season games in the PL, he is 57-33. Add in a 4-5 record in tournament games and he is 61-38 overall.
It looks like he pulled it from wikipedia and added the two America East years that Joe Jones coached. That being said Joe Jones’ 122-102 record is a lot less impressive, especially minus the like 5 D3 games that are counted in that. I personally think BU should have moved on FWIW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Apparently Coach Jones holds the second best job in the Patriot League. BU score is aided by the Buy Games factor. I also thought the Game Atmosphere and Facilities scores were generous.

https://watchstadium.com/news/patriot-league-basketball-coaches-rank-the-best-jobs-in-the-conference-07-18-2019/
“It’s not as academic as the other programs in the league, so that can hurt them in recruiting..."-Patriot League assistant

Curious- how old was this assistant? In his 70's or 80's? In terms of academics and admissions, there's the service academies, then us... This is the 21st century now..

41 - 50 of 50 Posts