Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should Cook Got to the Rookie Contest at the All-Star game?

We all know lebron and carmelo will go ( if they're not excepted in to the all star game) but since cook has been doin good lately anyone considering to put him in the game?

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
There's David West, Zaza Pachulia, and Zarko Cabarkapa to compete against.. Not many.. Personally if he keeps it up.. He has a good chance.. Doubt he will make it tho

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Anthony, James, Ford, Hinrich, Hayes, Bosh, Kaman, and Wade are all locks off the top of my head for one reason or another. Others to consider: Howard, Haslem, Bogans, Barbosa, and Lopez. Some outsiders to consider are Korver, Blake, Dupree (Bulls), Diaw, Pavlovic, and Ridnour.

There's what, 9 guys on the team? There definitely won't be more than about 4 forwards -- Cook will have to work hard in order to have a good shot at getting in. Competitors at forward include Hayes, Bosh, Haslem, Dupree, Pavlovic, and Diaw.

This is just off the top of my head, so I'm sure I missed someone.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
It'd be hard for him to make the game.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Laker Freak</b>!
OT: but I would rather see the West rookies face the East rokies intead of the rookies vs. the second year players.
That would be cool except it would be like

(East) Bron, Hinrich, Wade, Bosh, Hayes vs (West) Melo, Barbosa, Howard, Kaman, Zarko.. I was just naming players.. I would think the East would win :uhoh:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
LeBron, Melo, Wade, Ford, Hayes, Howard, Hinrich, Bosh and Kaman are all locks (unless LeBron or Carmelo make the ASG). The next 3 spots are up for grabs, and I think that Barbosa and Haslem will get 2 of them. That leaves the last one between Cook, Cabarkapa, Lopez, Diaw, Ridnour and Bogans.

I think Diaw will get the last place on the team, but if LeBron makes the EC All-Star Team, then Cook has a very good shot at playing in the rookie game.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
yeah well i hope ridnour breaks out and steals that last spot.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!
LeBron, Melo, Wade, Ford, Hayes, Howard, Hinrich, Bosh and Kaman are all locks (unless LeBron or Carmelo make the ASG). The next 3 spots are up for grabs, and I think that Barbosa and Haslem will get 2 of them. That leaves the last one between Cook, Cabarkapa, Lopez, Diaw, Ridnour and Bogans.
There's not 12 players per team in this game, there's only 9, at least if they follow last year's setup. You named nine locks, so that'd be the team right there.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
How is Hayes or Kaman a lock ?

Wade, Bron, Carmelo, Bosh, Hinrich, Barbosa, Ford, Howard and outside shot for Kaman, Cabarkapa, Hayes or Lopez.

If Amare and Yao play for the sophomores it will be a blowout if the sophs play smart and team basketball.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Ford, Wayde, Lebron, Melo, Ford, Hinrich, Barbosa, Bosh, Josh Howard, Kaman are most likelys... Then you got some that are better than Cook but are longshots, like Richi Frahm, Korver, Raul Lopez, and Jarvis Hayes...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts