Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wolves seem to be going nowhere, its early, but i honestly dont see them going anywhere this season. Should garnett stay loyal with his team, or should he ask to be traded to be in a position to win a ring?

If i was him, i would ask to be traded. forget "loyalty" :evil: at this point of his career, he should be thinking about championship!!! :wordyo:

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
What has Minni done for KG to be loyal? They messed up the only chance KG had to win a ring 2 years ago. KG doesn't own Minnie anything, if anything else they owe him!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Minny screwed up KG's chances of a ring, time and time again, meaning, last season! :D

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Spriggan said:
If the Timberwolves truly appreciate what Garnett has done for that franchise, then they would let him go.
lol, why would they care? Their job is to win, not to get Garnett to win.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The pistons should of traded darko aka #2 pick + ben Wallace for KG
KG should of wanted to come to the pistons.
All my friends said that trade would rip off the pistons.....
Look at Darko now.....................

·
Banned
189 Posts
This is tough. Minnesota has to do what's best for the franchise. KG is as talented as anyone in the league, he's a truly elite player. However his talents seem to be going to waste because the rest of Minnesota's roster isn't good enough to help him lead them beyond mediocrity. KG is what? 29? So he's not getting any younger, and Minnsota isn't getting any better. I think if the offer is good enough, Minnesota would have to pull the trigger. It's best for them, and it's best for KG. One thing Minnesota should be weary of is strong word of KG being shopped getting spread around, or ever worse, KG coming out and publicly asking for a trade. Either would lower his trade value substancially. So either KG's not being shopped, or Minnesota is playing it smart and trying to keep it as low-profile as possible. I believe the latter is true.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
^The question is whether KG should stay here or not, not if the Wolves should keep him. Anybody who says the Wolves should trade him is an idiot or they just want him for themselves.

·
Banned
189 Posts
socco said:
^The question is whether KG should stay here or not, not if the Wolves should keep him. Anybody who says the Wolves should trade him is an idiot or they just want him for themselves.
Why shouldn't the Wolves trade him? You, and a few other Wolves fans, are putting an individual before the team, which is plain stupid. Minnesota has no cap room, and with KG, Wally, Hudson, Jaric and Hassell's contracts by themselves will keep Minnesota over the cap for the next 5 years. They don't even have the talent to make the playoffs with KG, and have next to 0 chance to aquire that talent in the next 5 years.

EIther Minnesota starts over and trades KG while he still has great trade value, or they win 30 games a year for the next 5 years, then pack up and head to St. Louis around 2010.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
That's really up to him. However, I don't believe he should feel obligated to stay out of loyalty. I believe he has already given them more chances then most players would have.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
He should go. I hate to see players I like waste their talents year after year in some hopeless teams.(I mean,no chance of winning championship). Vince finally left Toronto and now revived in New Jersey, KG should considering leaving as well. There r not many years left before he starts to decline(some ppl might argue he has started to decline.)

·
Banned
189 Posts
KG should go to management privately, tell them he wants out, and for them to find him a team with a chance to win. And he should tell them if they don't obey his wishes, he'll publicly demand a trade, which will seriously screw Minnesota over.

Minnesota management has been as bad as any in the league. KG has to want out. He may be loyal, but he's not stupid. Playing the rest of his career on the ****ty Timberwolves will do major damage to his legacy.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Bone Crusher said:
Why shouldn't the Wolves trade him? You, and a few other Wolves fans, are putting an individual before the team, which is plain stupid. Minnesota has no cap room, and with KG, Wally, Hudson, Jaric and Hassell's contracts by themselves will keep Minnesota over the cap for the next 5 years. They don't even have the talent to make the playoffs with KG, and have next to 0 chance to aquire that talent in the next 5 years.

EIther Minnesota starts over and trades KG while he still has great trade value, or they win 30 games a year for the next 5 years, then pack up and head to St. Louis around 2010.
First of all, he is the team. And the Wolves are ALOT better than you seem to think. This is definately a playoff team, and to say they're a 30 win team is just idiocy. KG's done way more than that with less than he has right now. You're letting one season control your entire view on the Timberwolves franchise.

Show me a KG trade that you think is good and I'll explain to you why it's stupid. I've yet to see a good KG trade offer, and I doubt I ever will.

·
Banned
189 Posts
socco said:
First of all, he is the team. And the Wolves are ALOT better than you seem to think. This is definately a playoff team, and to say they're a 30 win team is just idiocy. KG's done way more than that with less than he has right now. You're letting one season control your entire view on the Timberwolves franchise.
I don't think so. Minnesota is 3-3 right now, but looking at their team, outside of KG, they have noone above average. As good as KG is, I think it will take a lot more than that to make the playoffs in the tough Western Conference.

socco said:
Show me a KG trade that you think is good and I'll explain to you why it's stupid. I've yet to see a good KG trade offer, and I doubt I ever will.
WTF? You've yet to see any KG trade offer. You've seen a bunch of basketball fans on message boards trying to post 1-sided deals to land their team KG. Believe me, there are plenty of teams out there that will give up an assload to get KG.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Bone Crusher said:
I don't think so. Minnesota is 3-3 right now, but looking at their team, outside of KG, they have noone above average. As good as KG is, I think it will take a lot more than that to make the playoffs in the tough Western Conference.
We could just as easily be 5-1. And that's with our 2nd best player (Wally) playing horribly. Through the first 5 games he was shooting under 20% on his jump shots, which is the main thing that he does good. The past three years he's shot 48%, 48%, and 51%. Yet even with him being that bad we were 3-2 with the 2 losses being in OT on the road on back-to-back nights. At this point I'd be very surprised if we missed the playoffs.

Bone Crusher said:
WTF? You've yet to see any KG trade offer. You've seen a bunch of basketball fans on message boards trying to post 1-sided deals to land their team KG. Believe me, there are plenty of teams out there that will give up an assload to get KG.
I've seen a bunch of KG trade offers, I've yet to see one that's good for Minnesota though.

·
Your Humble Homer
11,083 Posts
I think Garnett should stay.

He'll get more respect from fans and players.

Thats why I think so highly of Stockton. He stayed with his through thick and thin and no body considers him the "bad" guy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts