Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm from Toleo, OH, very close to Detroit, basically my backyard. Just wondering how there doing as a team? Just started getting back into basketball, was a laker fan growing up. Considering my options lol. New to the board! Hello everyone lol

Red and blue are my favorite colors lol, if that counts lol!

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Only be a Bucks fan if you want pain and misery :bsmile:

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
The Pistons are a top notch franchise historically... I root against them (because I'm a Bulls fan) but I think they'd be a pretty good choice. They aren't great now, but that just means you can watch them build.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Pistons are going to suck for a while, but they're on the right track making a solid young core of guys.

Be a fan of the Pistons.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
If you are going to just randomly select a team dont go with the lakers,heat,celtics type teams.. nobody respects a bandwagoner

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I grew up a fan of the lakers and celtics, but that was years n years ago. I could stick with either of the two, but since the league changed so much - just considering a fresh start? But not sure yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I'm a Celtics fan, and I can tell you right now they have a year or three of being a second-tier team in the East and then are going to go through an extensive re-build, you're a little late for the fun times there. Detroit is quietly putting together a nice little core of young guys, but their future really depends on Andre Drummond panning out, which is a question mark. Minnesota is going to be one of the most fun young teams in the league next year, but there's always the chance they screw it up because they're the Timberwolves and that's what they do. My advice would be to watch some Pistons games and some Wolves games at the start of the season and figure which team you feel better about.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Well I grew up a fan of the lakers and celtics, but that was years n years ago. I could stick with either of the two, but since the league changed so much - just considering a fresh start? But not sure yet lol

How do you grow up a fan of both?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info Bogg! And I was a fan of celtics and my good friend a fan of lakers, so I kinda followed and ended up liking both teams. Am I the only one that's done that? lol

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
As a Toledoan - you have to go with the Pistons. You're not seeing a ton of Pistons hats around now, sure - but get in on the ground when they're mediocre (as they often are) and when they're very good you'll suddenly find yourself SURROUNDED by Pistons fans every night there is a game. Go out somewhere like Big'Z or a similar dedicated sports bar and it'll be loud and exciting whenever they're playing. It'll be worth it if, for example: Drummond pans out as an all-star big man and they're pushing deep in the playoffs in some years.

On top of that - simply being local, you're around enough bandwagon fans as it is. All the guys that have been Heat fans "forever" (which means: since they got Shaq in 2005/06... and didn't care about them anymore until they got Lebron). All the guys that are Lakers fans because they're always good and its easy to root for them. Boston fans that are mostly the same way. It is WAY WAY WAY more fun to root against those teams than to root for them.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
As a Toledoan - you have to go with the Pistons. You're not seeing a ton of Pistons hats around now, sure - but get in on the ground when they're mediocre (as they often are) and when they're very good you'll suddenly find yourself SURROUNDED by Pistons fans every night there is a game. Go out somewhere like Big'Z or a similar dedicated sports bar and it'll be loud and exciting whenever they're playing. It'll be worth it if, for example: Drummond pans out as an all-star big man and they're pushing deep in the playoffs in some years.

On top of that - simply being local, you're around enough bandwagon fans as it is. All the guys that have been Heat fans "forever" (which means: since they got Shaq in 2005/06... and didn't care about them anymore until they got Lebron). All the guys that are Lakers fans because they're always good and its easy to root for them. Boston fans that are mostly the same way. It is WAY WAY WAY more fun to root against those teams than to root for them.
Totally agree. As a Heat/Lakers "fan", it wouldn't even feel like a big deal when they win a championship but as a fan of a smaller team like Indiana, Detroit, Milwaukee etc., it would feel like the greatest moment in your life. I know if Indiana ever won I would cry like a baby.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I have no favorite NBA team. I love basketball too much to allow a routing interest to cloud my judgment. With that said, I will be watching the Piston very closely this season. It's a fun time to be a fan.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts