Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Lebron good enough to make the 1st team this year. I would vote for him. Put him in as F.

F-Duncan or Garnett
F-Lebron
C-Shaq
G-Iverson
G-TMAC or Kobe

This means either Garnett or Duncan gets left off. Garnett has better stats, so he might get the nod. But Duncan is the frontrunning MVP candidate, correct? This seems like a hard call this year.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
If the Wolves struggle and KG puts up good numbers but keeps losing, I could see James taking his spot. But that's the likely scenario needed in this case.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
He is still an MVP candidate which defenitly makes him worthy of a First Team selection IMO...

It is tough placement though...

·
Registered
950 Posts
I even see how there's a question.

They can put him on either as a guard or a forward.

You're telling me there's four players (forwards and guards) more deserving than LeBron? Nash, Duncan, O'Neal, and LeBron are gauranteed All NBA First Teamers, with there being one wild card slot (Kobe, McGrady, Garnett, AI, etc. to challenge; my personal vote is with AI).

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think it's pretty much a no-brainer to put him on the team.
And it's pretty easy to figure out:

G-Lebron
G-T-Mac
F-KG
F-Tim Duncan
C-Shaq

See. It wasn't that hard.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
futuristxen said:
I think it's pretty much a no-brainer to put him on the team.
And it's pretty easy to figure out:

G-Lebron
G-T-Mac
F-KG
F-Tim Duncan
C-Shaq

See. It wasn't that hard.
No Iverson over TMAC? I thought Iverson was your boy?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
iverson imo has no shot in first team anymore. His team skidded way too much. While t-mac is getting his team up the western conference... so t-mac should be first team

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
T-Mac is starting to have an amazing year right now. I've been very impressed. I've always been kind of hard on T-Mac because he has never been winning much, but I think it is safe to say that T-Mac is definitely a first teamer right now.

Same goes for Lebron. Same goes for Iverson. It would be hard for me to leave one of these three out.

And as much as I like Kobe, I think I'm going to have to give him the boot this year for the first team. :cry:

So I'd prolly go...

C- Shaq
F - Duncan
F- T-Mac
G- Lebron
G- Iverson

It's hard for me to leave Garnett out as well.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
C: Shaquille O'Neal
F: Tim Duncan
F: Dirk Nowitzki
G: LeBron James
G: Tracy McGrady

But, will the voters just vote for Kobe & Garnett for the sake of it?

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Everyone has Tracy listed as a Guard, but he's a forward. Sura and Wesley are Houstons starting backcourt. Even after rotations, John Barry and Mike James fill the bench slots.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
It depends how much they factor in team success, because at forward Duncan, Dirk, and Tmac all have teams with better records regardless of Lebron's statistical advantages.

They also are more established and the voters could think Lebron needs to pay his dues first. If the Cavs can get homecourt and he keeps up a strong finish he has a decent shot IMO.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Not to mention, Dirk has better statistics than LeBron, at least by efficiency ratings, which is probably most commonly used. Duncan is also the consensus best player in the world and his statistics are better per minute, although he doesn't play as much.

·
bbb
4,548 Posts
With all the mvp talk... I think he will make the 1st team...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I think he has a chance as a guard, but probably not as a forward - Duncan, Garnett and Dirk are all probably ahead of him. At guard, no one is clearly better, as he, Kobe, TMac and Iverson are all in the running (maybe Nash, but I doubt it).

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
If the Lakers fail to make the playoffs, I can see Kobe being bumped out of the first time to make room for LeBron. In reality, any MVP candidate should make the first-team but I don't think LeBron is worthy of such a thing. He has many areas of his game that needs improvement, but with that being said, I'll probably be bashed and branded for trying to make excuses for Kobe. I'll bank on this though:

C-Shaq
PF-Duncan
SF-McGrady
SG-Bryant
PG-Nash

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
James and McGrady are forwards, but perimeter players who will likely be shifted to guards for the purpose of All-NBA teams. Were I a voter, I'd hate to figure this out. All of the following are All-NBA first team caliber this season: McGrady, Bryant, James, Nowitzki, Garnett, Duncan and Shaq.

In the end, I'd probably select a team like this:

Guard: Kobe Bryant
Guard: Tracy McGrady
Forward: Kevin Garnett
Forward: Tim Duncan
Center: Shaquille O'Neal

I still think those are the five best players in the game, when it comes right down to it.

LeBron James and Dirk Nowitzki would be "hard luck" second-teamers...worthy first-teamers who got squeezed by tremendous competition.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts