Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone's been reading the articles they've been writing at espn.com about how to fix the lottery teams, but in the Washington they suggest trading MJ. I've always thought that sounded kind of stupid and something that he wouldn't do, but it actually would make sense. I don't really like a couple of the other things they suggest they do though.

·
Registered
924 Posts
MJ...

Michael Jordan can't actually TRADE HIMSELF. He is only a basketball player and not the GM anymore.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
That's what I was thinking when I read the article on ESPN.com. He isn't the GM, so it's not his decision whether he wants to trade himself or not.

·
Registered
423 Posts
if the wizards are smart they should trade mj. one year with mj wont help the wizards as much as many years with players they can get for mj

·
Registered
920 Posts
Nobody would trade any quality for MJ because he is way over the hill. and he is not technically the GM. but believe me, he has a lot to do with decisions made around Wizard land. He hired the damn coach.

·
Registered
423 Posts
just like it said in the article a team would give anything to dethrone the lakers. and if that means getting jordan for a year and having to give up a sf and a 1st rounder then they would probably do it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah that would be a good trade. it would help the wiz in the present and give them good players in the future. if jordan really wants to help his team he'll ask to be traded. and then when he retires come back and be the gm to a totally different (competetive) team.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by ptstyle272
just like it said in the article a team would give anything to dethrone the lakers. and if that means getting jordan for a year and having to give up a sf and a 1st rounder then they would probably do it.
The Lakers would hate that trade. With Jordan the Kings would win it all next year.

Bibby
Stoyckavitch(spelling ???)
Jordan
C-Webb
Divac

That would be a pretty unbeatable line up

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by hunterb14

The Lakers would hate that trade. With Jordan the Kings would win it all next year.

Bibby
Stoyckavitch(spelling ???)
Jordan
C-Webb
Divac

That would be a pretty unbeatable line up
Wrong! Jordan cannot and will not start. He will be the 6th man and play most of the fourth quarters.

However, this is just too weird and Jordan will not trade himself. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
MJ might as well not even play this year if he's gonna sit the bench..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by Malakian
Nobody would trade any quality for MJ because he is way over the hill. and he is not technically the GM. but believe me, he has a lot to do with decisions made around Wizard land. He hired the damn coach.
I agree.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jordan can and should trade himself

Whoever the gm is right now for the Wizards is just a figurehead, MJ makes the decisions or at least oks them. They know who will be in charge after this year and they aren't going to do anything without his approval at least. He should try to get himself traded to the Nets for Richard Jefferson. That would at least help guys like Van Horn and Kittles get more of a winning attitude instead of giving up, plus MJ's never played with a pointguard even close to Kidd's ability level with the exception of allstar games.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you guys make me laugh with your wild trade ideas. Like alll the other GMs are dufuses!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts