Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the one hand, Iverson is awesome to watch and a terrific player.

On the other hand, maybe it's time for Philly to rebuild?

Tough call...

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I don´t think they should trade him unless they can get something really special. I don´t think they should trade him, period.

·
Registered
600 Posts
its kinda of hard to say. I think they should trade iverson when he has only about four or five years left in the nba.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>onetwo88</b>!
On the one hand, Iverson is awesome to watch and a terrific player.

On the other hand, maybe it's time for Philly to rebuild?

Tough call...
try explaining to philly fans if you trade iverson to rebuild, we'll see how many millions the team loses in the next 5+ years

not a tough call at all

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Tough call? Hell no. Iverson is the heart and soul of the 76ers, has always been so and will continue to be jsut that for this team until he finally decides to hang it all up. It's just wrong if Iverson ends his career with another team IMO.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ben</b>!
Tough call? Hell no. Iverson is the heart and soul of the 76ers, has always been so and will continue to be jsut that for this team until he finally decides to hang it all up. It's just wrong if Iverson ends his career with another team IMO.
I think Ben is on point right here

·
Registered
527 Posts
yeah , he do the best he can do and give us some of the bests moments we live like a Sixers fans and now its the moment to the sixers give some to him . at this moment we cant give him a champ but he deserve continue in this team till the finish of his career . and i dont want to se him in other team then sixers.

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
I'm not a Sixers fan and I am not a big fan of Allen Iverson. But, I think he's one of the greatest players in his era and I'd say no to trading Allen Iverson. He's the heart and soul of the Sixers. He's what Magic to the Lakers and Bird to the Celtics. He is the sixers identity. If I am the Sixers GM, I definitely want Iverson to end his career in Philly.

I think "rebuilding" is not an excuse to trade him. The managment should find a way to bring in players without trading him. Bring in players that can compliment Iverson's game. Or if possible, bring in a player who with Iverson they both can compliment each others game. I don't think Iverson mind reducing his scoring role. He wants to win. Besides, how many players in this league play as hard as Allen Iverson? not many.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Ever trade him? Hard to say definitely not. If the right deal came along, you never know. He's the heart of this team, and he is loved by the fans, but if a trade came along that can make the team better, its hard to turn it down

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RSP83</b>!
I think "rebuilding" is not an excuse to trade him. The managment should find a way to bring in players without trading him. Bring in players that can compliment Iverson's game. Or if possible, bring in a player who with Iverson they both can compliment each others game. I don't think Iverson mind reducing his scoring role. He wants to win. Besides, how many players in this league play as hard as Allen Iverson? not many.
They have players that can do that, just not the coach now. AI and company were perfect with Brown.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
there will come a time where iversons little body will not be able to take the pounding of those big 2 guards. I think it will be then where he shifts to the full time role of pg.

I mean he has already started to log quite a few minutes a game at the pg spot. And iverson has said that he doesnt mind playing there.

I see iverson taking that role in the future, a scorer, but really distributing more as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts