Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He plays well and does everything that we need him too... he even plays ok defese! He's a solid guy who could give us a solid 10, 8 off the bench!

He should be the first Forward off the bench.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
He certainly has proved worthy of a chance at those kinds of minutes. A PF that could potentially actually get rebounds and hit shots. It would be nice.....

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Between PF and Collins rotating over to center, he could get that many and at this point he'd have earned it over Robinson.

-Petey

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
He plays well and does everything that we need him too... he even plays ok defese! He's a solid guy who could give us a solid 10, 8 off the bench!

He should be the first Forward off the bench.
He has a veteran's sense of the game. He is unselfish, gets to the paint and is very clutch. The guy has won more than his share of games with a late three pointers. Ask the Knicks.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
SeaNet said:
He certainly has proved worthy of a chance at those kinds of minutes. A PF that could potentially actually get rebounds and hit shots. It would be nice.....
Exactly. Agreed. He has been working harder than almost all of the bench players except for Jeff McInnis. Marc Jackson has not been doing that good, but he could have his moments. Scott Padgett has worked the hardest out of them all and with the minutes he is given he produces.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Charlie Brown said:
He may be the Nets best option to fill those 20 mpg, but I do not know if that is saying all that much.
Viewing him as an individual player, I agree. But hopefully, in this case, the whole can prove greater than the sum of its parts. A PF who can hit shots and rebound might very well add a ****-ton to this team.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
I like him as a 3-point threat. We definately need a sharp shooter to kill the defense when they collapse on one of our guys driving in. Padgett could be that guy.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
SeaNet said:
Viewing him as an individual player, I agree. But hopefully, in this case, the whole can prove greater than the sum of its parts. A PF who can hit shots and rebound might very well add a ****-ton to this team.
Eh, as a decent guy off of the bench...Padgett is "ok".

I apologize about not getting real thrilled about Padgett, but I think the whole situation reflects more on the Nets then Padgett.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Charlie Brown said:
Eh, as a decent guy off of the bench...Padgett is "ok".

I apologize about not getting real thrilled about Padgett, but I think the whole situation reflects more on the Nets then Padgett.
Yes, there is that.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Petey said:
Between PF and Collins rotating over to center, he could get that many and at this point he'd have earned it over Robinson.

-Petey
true... and if he keeps droppin 13, 10 he'll make the starting job over collins!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Dooch said:
Exactly. Agreed. He has been working harder than almost all of the bench players except for Jeff McInnis. Marc Jackson has not been doing that good, but he could have his moments. Scott Padgett has worked the hardest out of them all and with the minutes he is given he produces.
Nicely said, I have been a bit down on MJax's stepping up.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
ThatNetGuy said:
MJax is a quality fourth big. The problem is we need a starting PF or 6th man type big. Then we'd have depth with MJax, Padgett and Cliffy to go with Twin, Krstic and acquisition.

·
Registered
233 Posts
sure. giv ehim the +20mins. playing time.

let collins start at the power forward slot anf let padgett come in as a reliever.

we need the intensity he brings on court as our starters begin to tire out.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
ThatNetGuy said:
Yea me too, same here. He forces too many shots towards the basket and does not establish himself well enough against his defenders in the post/paint. He should continue working on his mid-range jumper and make most of his shots coming off the pick and roll or a screen just like he did in Philadelphia.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
true... and if he keeps droppin 13, 10 he'll make the starting job over collins!
No. Frank will only start him if he's better off starting Padgett, and the team has a proven track record to winning with him in the starting lineup.

-Petey

1 - 18 of 18 Posts