Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason Quick said that the blazers will probably sign a pg for the 12th spot on the roster and A.C looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
After watching him briefly on the Spurs, I'll say this: Don't let him shoot!

He is a decent-to-good backup PG, but don't let the guy shoot the ball.
Unless you're playing against him. THEN you let him shoot ;)

I don't see Carter being a good pickup. He might make a solid backup and he's a decent defender, but the team needs to continue to try to find players that can help in the long term, and Anthony is not that kind of player.

Ed O.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

Unless you're playing against him. THEN you let him shoot ;)

I don't see Carter being a good pickup. He might make a solid backup and he's a decent defender, but the team needs to continue to try to find players that can help in the long term, and Anthony is not that kind of player.

Ed O.
True that, so any idea of who portland will sign for the 12th spot.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KIDBLAZE</b>!

True that, so any idea of who portland will sign for the 12th spot.
I'd list the usual suspects: Kaniel Dickens. Keith McLeod. Maybe even DerMarr Johnson. Or Vranes if we want to stash another big guy now that RBB's in Cleveland.

All of those guys are pretty young and athletic, and depending on how serious the Blazers are about using Q at the PG spot, I think any one or two of them could work pretty well as end-of-the-bench/prospect pickups.

Ed O.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I thought

That Anthony Carter was cut because of Chronic Knee problems which eliminated him from playing any more this season. Nothing a little bit of medicinal marijuana couldn't take care of I am sure.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I wonder if they'd consider signing Smush Parker to a 10 day contract and seeing how he plays for a while.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SheedSoNasty</b>!
I wonder if they'd consider signing Smush Parker to a 10 day contract and seeing how he plays for a while.
He's playing in Greece, I think (Aris Thessaloniki), as of December 2003. I don't know if he could get out of his contract even if a team wanted him to...

He's still only 22 (23 in July) and Smush looked very good at times last year, but his attitude seemed way out of whack for his ability level, and I'm not sure that he'd be happy sitting on the bench for Portland.

Ed O.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Re: I thought

Originally posted by <b>hasoos</b>!
That Anthony Carter was cut because of Chronic Knee problems which eliminated him from playing any more this season. Nothing a little bit of medicinal marijuana couldn't take care of I am sure.
Paging Dr. Stoudemire!

Go Blazers

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I say Portland signs a bookend to fill the roster spot, Play out the year and pick up a PG in the draft.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I like the idea of AC or any other defence oriented pg since I do not see Damon being able to help teach Q how to play D at the point. Whatever 12th man we gett, is most likely not going to become a consistant player for the team, so I would rather find someone who can help coach woods. Somebody needs to teach him what Damon doesent do, D and feed the post.

·
Registered
702 Posts
In a way the blazer should pick up AC he is good defensively, has experience starting and also a good backup pg, but watching him in Miami you don't play him offensively but for ft.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
as a heat fan :hurl: carter

he has no shot whatsoever....is a ok distributor though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts