Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the injury to George Parros last night, the argument over fighting in the game has been brought to surface again. Personally, as much as I love watching two guys try to beat the shit out of each other, I think it has no place in any sport that isn't MMA. Eventually someone's going to fall and crack their head on the ice and be killed, so I'd like to see fighting banned before this ever occurs.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
I'm for banning it. It's not like the fans can see any player fight. The teams nowadays have a few guys that fight all the time and that's really lame imo. Might as well just get rid of it altogether. It would protect the players and elevate the level of play since teams no longer need these thugs on the roster.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
Hockey already doesn't draw enough people. Ban fighting and you'll lose a lot of fans. I know a few people personally that watch hockey just to see a fight break out

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
I like the idea of banning it. You might lost the few people who only watch the sport for thuggery, but you'll also gain the more casual fans who love the free-flowing, Olympic-style game much more than the rugged NHL-style.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
I like fighting and if the whole someone is going to fall and crack their head and die thing is valid than you would have to ban checking into the boards also because that's much more dangerous

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Not a fan of NHL hockey myself. I do like the International game, because the action is a lot faster in my opinion and there seems to be a much better flow to the game. They obviously don't allow fighting and it seems like a superior game to me. In particular it seems to make the game far better suited to TV

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like fighting and if the whole someone is going to fall and crack their head and die thing is valid than you would have to ban checking into the boards also because that's much more dangerous
Lots of the time they take their helmets off to fight. When you're getting checked into the boards you are wearing a helmet.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts