Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, the Spurs have lost three in a row in terrible fashion, but I'm not basing my idea on that alone. I'm basing this on the fact that we have a pretty good player just sitting on the bench, that other teams may want/need. I'm convinced that Horry is much better than Rose, so I seriously think the Spurs should consider dealing him. Again, this isn't off the frustration of losing three in a row, I'm thinking about this because we have a good player who simply doesn't have a spot on the floor anymore, and other teams may want/need a Malik Rose on their team. Now, obviously, the Spurs need perimeter scoring, or just scoring period. So I say the Spurs should at least explore trading Malik Rose, and find out if there are any takers out there.

Malik Rose for a sweet shooting SG/SF would be ideal for us. We did make a long-term commitment to him, but if the Spurs were confident in him, why would they have signed Horry? I say bring in a shorter contract than Rose's, and also bring in a good scorer that can really help this team out. And no, I don't think we can get a great player in exchange for Rose, so I'm not even going to make up terrible trades completely in the Spurs' favor.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Mignonne, allons voir si la rose
Qui ce matin avait déclose
Sa robe de pourpre au soleil,
A point perdu cette vêprée.
A.de.Ronsard

Like The poet would ask : has Rose lost his crispness?

I don't think so. i am convinced that the time will come when Malik will come back to his former level of play. Horry is a more talented player but Rose is a true inside power that is just essential . Who else but Duncan and Rose can play hard in the paint? If Duncan is fouled out or hurted , who else but Rose can makes efficiently the dirty work inside? Horry is a more complete player , but he is not as valiant as Rose and just not hustle in the paint like rose .

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mignonne, allons voir si la rose
Qui ce matin avait déclose
Sa robe de pourpre au soleil,
A point perdu cette vêprée.
A.de.Ronsard
What the ****? But anyways does Malik really have much trade value? I can't see any team giving up their "sweet" sg/sf for him, but maybe I'm missing something.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Your not missing anything. Malik Rose is one of the true players in this league that has no problem going DIRECTLY at Shaq. Honestly hes never been that great a regular season performer. His value lies in his playoff performances much like Horry. You sure wont see Horry in the playoffs throwing his body at Shaq. Also why do you need a sweet shooting SG/SF. Ginoboli can throw it in if he actually starts to shoot a little more and Bowen still knocks down his 3's and Turkogulu is coming along nicely lately

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"sweet" sg/sf for him, but maybe I'm missing something.

Sweet was referring to his shot , not his ability. For example, Wesley Person has a "sweet" shot, but he is not a "sweet" overall player.

So yes, you were missing something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts