Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we should look into trading Eddy for a guy like Bonzi Wells or Corey Maggette because we've shown we can win without him against quality competition. Othella the Big Fella, AD and Chandler do everything Curry does, so I'd feel comfortable dealing Curry for a big, burly SG who could potentially improve the team.

Thoughts?

Reactions: KwaZulu

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
VincentVega said:
I think we should look into trading Eddy for a guy like Bonzi Wells or Corey Maggette because we've shown we can win without him against quality competition. Othella the Big Fella, AD and Chandler do everything Curry does, so I'd feel comfortable dealing Curry for a big, burly SG who could potentially improve the team.

Thoughts?
As a Grizzlies fan, I'd be perfectly willing to trade you guys Bonzi and James Posey for Curry and whatever filler is necessary.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Aren't the Bulls better when Curry is suffering from the lingering effects of an irregular heartbeat and laying in a hospital bed thousands of miles from Chicago?

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just think it would be interesting to see how people respond.

Goodness, I hope it doesn't get personal.

Golly, I'm just asking an innocent question.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I would say we could probably get our pick of the litter of most big burly SGs if we were going to offer our young burly center. So it's certainly an idea.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
The Bulls have hardly played well in the absense of Curry. His post scoring opens things up so much for our guards and wing players. They've shown they can survive against meager competition, but against the more elite teams having him is a must. The only Curry-less wins we've had this year were against Philly, Charlotte, and Cleveland (if I recall off the top of my head). That's pretty weak competition if you ask me.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
In the last 2 games, Othella has given us...

27 min, 14 pts, 7.5 reb, 52.2% FG, 4-4 FT, 1.5 TO

Those are strikingly similar to Eddy's numbers for the season, and we all know that 2 games is almost enough to make an "informed" judgement, right? 3 games is the rule that was established, so after tomorrow night's game we should know for sure.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cripes people, check the date.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
Why Bonzi? I think Watson would be good enough or whowever your 12th man is. Miami won some games without Shaq this season, should they have traded Shaq away for a SF instead?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Yes. Noch can play center

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
bullsville said:
In the last 2 games, Othella has given us...

27 min, 14 pts, 7.5 reb, 52.2% FG, 4-4 FT, 1.5 TO

Those are strikingly similar to Eddy's numbers for the season, and we all know that 2 games is almost enough to make an "informed" judgement, right? 3 games is the rule that was established, so after tomorrow night's game we should know for sure.

Yeah, and Pargo gives us what Hinrich does. Come on guys, you scream when someone asks about trading from a position where we hae extreme depth, yet propose trading from a position where we are very thin.

Yes, thin. Curry, Chandler and then Othella (Who may or may not be back, though I would bring him back). AD is good every 5th game. After that, we have, ummm, we have, ummmmmmmReiner, yeah he's a stud that should move up on the depth chart.

Take it from the Lakers of this year.........Don't trade a dominant (atleast offensively) big man (especially a young one) for a smaller position player, unless it's for Tracy McGrady, Lebron James or Kobe Bryant....and none of them would be traded for Curry.

Fun to speculate, but throwing up numbers that you claim prove nothing when it's against your favorite player.....Weak.........

But I'm glad to know that the opinion of Curry for some Bulls posters is finally below other teams posters. Othella = Curry.....It's friday for a reason. The first round is on me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
At this point (even with his lack of rebounding) Curry is worth way more than any available 2 guard - unless there's somebody that I'm missing. The Bulls have played well without him, but the game is so much easier for the perimeter players when Curry is on the floor.

Trading Curry for anything less than an annual all-star at the 2 would be a huge mistake IMO. And I don't see any annual all-stars at the 2 that the Bulls could get in return.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
chifaninca said:
Yeah, and Pargo gives us what Hinrich does. Come on guys, you scream when someone asks about trading from a position where we hae extreme depth, yet propose trading from a position where we are very thin.

Yes, thin. Curry, Chandler and then Othella (Who may or may not be back, though I would bring him back). AD is good every 5th game. After that, we have, ummm, we have, ummmmmmmReiner, yeah he's a stud that should move up on the depth chart.

Take it from the Lakers of this year.........Don't trade a dominant (atleast offensively) big man (especially a young one) for a smaller position player, unless it's for Tracy McGrady, Lebron James or Kobe Bryant....and none of them would be traded for Curry.

Fun to speculate, but throwing up numbers that you claim prove nothing when it's against your favorite player.....Weak.........

But I'm glad to know that the opinion of Curry for some Bulls posters is finally below other teams posters. Othella = Curry.....It's friday for a reason. The first round is on me.
Hinrich should be out of town along with Curry, we have proven that we don't need either one of them, haven't we?

And why not Reiner? It hasn't been a month since people were ready to run Pargo out of town, so who's to say Reiner can't be huge if given the chance?

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TODAY IS APRIL 1ST.

To those who don't realize this, please try to realize this and re-read my initial post with a new and improved context.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Curry for Romain Sato seems fair.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And another thing -- this is an April Fool's thread, but it also speaks to the stupidity of the "trade Hinrich" threads over the timespan of his recent injury.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
VincentVega said:
And another thing -- this is an April Fool's thread, but it also speaks to the stupidity of the "trade Hinrich" threads over the timespan of his recent injury.
Or, on the other hand, it points out the efficient brilliance of dismissing the importance of an injured player after viewing a small sample of games.

I'm with Bullsville, trade both Hinrich and Curry. Like K4E said, Hinrich's best game of the season was the Toronto game he didn't play in. Likewise, Curry appears to have his greatest positive impact on the Bulls from a hospital bed in North Carolina.

Makes sense to me. :drool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts