Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all know I hate Layden,but I must compliment him on not going after Mt Mutombo......Too old,too much money and Kurt Thomas is a valuable guy..Now,with that said Doleac is no better than a second string center and if you can sign Keon for under 3 million plus a fine assortment of weed,then we must go for it!!!!

Any opinions??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Apparently, it wasn't Layden who said no, it was Dolan. I do agree that not going after Mutombo was the right thing to do though. NY have got to stop taking players with large contracts and who are on the downside of their careers. I don't think they'll be getting Keon Clark anyway, I read that he was close to signing with the Kings. I hope they don't trade Kurt either, unless they get someone good in return. He played center a lot of last season and IMO, did a very good job.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree that Kurt Thomas has good skills, but he is just not a true NBA center any way you look at it. He is at a size disadvantage with other centers around the league, and his game is a true power forward's game. I don't think he feels that ackward playing the center position, I just think he feels more comfortable and would contribute more if he played the power forward position instead of center.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.