Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that he appears to have settled in Flip has been absolutely outstanding (13.3/2.8/2.6). The problem is that he has clearly improved the contract he should be commanding since he came here. teams like Denver who are looking for a starting SG are likely to take a shot at Murray. We don't have Bird rights which means that the most we can offer him is the MLE (which might be enough, but then we wouldn't be able to pursue much of anyone else). So he might be out of our range and we still have Sasha and Luke who have each shown signs at one time or another. What do you think we should do?

By the way Flip put up 15 on 7 of 9 shooting and is shooting well over 50% over the last 5 games.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,213 Posts
I personally really want to keep Flip. He mixes well with the team, and has the type of killer mentality we need alongside LBJ.

The issue is we need to use that MLE on other positions. Yes we need a VERY capable backup for Hughes injury problems, but we need a PG and physical big man alot worse.

If we can get someone good with our draft pick to address the PG problem, i'd consider giving Flip the MLE. Ferry could also use Drew as a chip to fix the PG problem, pick up a big man in the draft, and resign Flip with the MLE. That might actually be the better plan?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
My ideal offseason would be to use the MLE on Flip. Trade Drew and either Luke or Sasha to Phoenix for Barbosa and a future second rounder. Draft whoever the ****. Hopefully some foriegn born players to stash overseas while they develop on someone elses dime. Trade Snow for Jerome James and another second rounder in the future(unclogs the point guard spot. James is 2 mil cheaper than Snow, and only one extra year. And gives us a guy who doesn't mind sitting, but has good hands and can dunk when passed the ball, when he does play(hopefully never)And I assume Brown is getting rid of both Francis and Marbury this offseason, and he loves Snow.).

Barbosa/Damon
Larry/Flip
Lebron/Ira/Either of Sasha or Luke whoever Phoenix doesn't want
Anderson/Yell/Henderson
Z/Marty/Jerome James

You've got a ****load of scoring in the backcourt, and you've got shooters in the front court in Yell(theoretically) and Marty, and you give Anderson 35 minutes a night. Plus if you have injuries, Henderson has shown he is more than capable of putting up a double double playing next to Lebron.

Basically you are this years team, playing Anderson instead of Gooden, plus Flip for a whole year and Barbosa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.