Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pick up an undrafted player. Personally i want to pickup Cisse, but i thought that maybe a Lenny Cooke or maybe Deangello Collins coudl fit in. If Snow is traded then the point guard slot is open, most likely wil be occupied by Mckie though. But Lenny Cooke is versitile like Salmons, but might take some work. He seems like he ciould be a good palyer.

As for Deangello Collins, the guy is a friggin idiot for leaving but he might have some decent game, I dont really want him but I ges he could add soem presence.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by (-) 0 † § I-I () †
pick up an undrafted player. Personally i want to pickup Cisse, but i thought that maybe a Lenny Cooke or maybe Deangello Collins coudl fit in. If Snow is traded then the point guard slot is open, most likely wil be occupied by Mckie though. But Lenny Cooke is versitile like Salmons, but might take some work. He seems like he ciould be a good palyer.

As for Deangello Collins, the guy is a friggin idiot for leaving but he might have some decent game, I dont really want him but I ges he could add soem presence.
Why even waste time on any of those guys. Lynn Greer would be right there or Smush Parker who wasnt even drafted:eek:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tru tru.

a guy like greer would probably be able to step in right away and make an impact but he might not fit in well with us because of his size, he is a scoring point guard and that wouldn't fir in very well with AI.

Tho lenny cooke would be a project his size would be somehting that if deceloped he could be a very good plyer on our team.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: tru tru.

a guy like greer would probably be able to step in right away and make an impact but he might not fit in well with us because of his size, he is a scoring point guard and that wouldn't fir in very well with AI.

Tho lenny cooke would be a project his size would be somehting that if deceloped he could be a very good plyer on our team.
I agree but not being funny, Lenny Cooke needs to find a school to attend or get a tutor to teach him basic things like MATH or ENGLISH. It has been reported that he has a Learning Disability and if he would not succeed because of that would be ashame, but its gonna be hard for hi to pick up the complex defenses and things like that. In High School he could just get by on his talent, but this is the PROS now and hopefully someone takes a flyer on him

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea

I watched the Behind the Lines or whatever on his high shcool and his teachers said that they passed kids wo got 40's and they gave them B's. That tru abotu defenses, i feel bad but thats his responsibility to do something

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

I would be happy to see either Lenny Cook or Smush parker signed to the sixers, on any other draft in the last ten years they probably would have gone it at least the early second round.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah........

other then Jay Williams the point guards in the draft were either mediocre or question marks. Guys like Cooke, Parker, Greer (tho he may not be considered a pg) are players that could have been taken higher had it hav e been another draft. FRank Williams, Steve Logan, and Dan Dickau al proved themselves to be very strong in college, while Tito Maddux may have been the lucky one to be taken over cooke parker or greer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts