Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Should Zei_Zao_LS be able to participate?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He asked me this question, and I leave the answer with you. Zei_Zao_LS is running the game, so he wasn't sure if he should be able to play as well. I wanted to say yes, but I figured I should ask those who will be playing. If you vote yes, you say he should be able to play and run the game at the same time, and the opposite for a no vote. If you vote no, I will not see who is voting. If you vote no, you do not have to post why.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Of course he should... he came up with the idea, it's not like he has an edge by just suggesting it.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And that's exactly what I wanted Zei to hear from you. ;)

Sorta off-topic, but this is how it all came about. This forum needed something like this in my opinion, so I had been thinking for a few weeks how to do it without taking up too much time. I came to the conclusion that I simply wouldn't have time to run something like this, or if I did run one it wouldn't be a very good one (time constraints). Zei and I were chattin' about God knows what, and I threw in there..."You should run a prediction game in the Suns forum." Haha, real discreet, eh? He agreed and we hammered out rules rather quickly last night and got everything up and running. I told him to make his prediction, and he said he wasn't sure he should. So I decided to ask you. Zei and I have played a game online where the people running it are regularly accused of cheating, when they are not. Hence his reservation, so thanks for voting. I agree, there's no reason he shouldn't participate. Thanks Zei for doing this!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Oh yea, I was going to recommend that you guys put up a time limit until when people can make their predictions, so that people don't edit their post as the game is ending with a much better prediction than they originally had. For example, you could close the thread an hour before the game actually starts, so that all predictions are final. Then you could re-open the thread and post what everyone recieved pointwise, and see everyone else's comments.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like for each thread to be closed at game time, or right before. However, sometimes I am not here at those times. And sometimes Zei won't be here at those times. So if the post has not been closed, all we need is someone (you if that works) to post "predictions closed" right before game time. Then if anyone edits their prediction after that, it will say for example "ShuHanGuanYu last editted this post at 7:02". And if that time is after the closing post, that guess will be disqualified. Sound good?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts