Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

Drexler and Carter are both players who, at one time or another, were compared to Jordan. Drexler, a contemporary of Jordan, was often thought of as "Jordan-lite" during his career. Carter was compared to Jordan thanks mainly to his college (the University of North Carolina) and high-flying acrobatics. While it's unfair to compare just about anyone to Jordan, Drexler and Carter compare to each other quite well. Last year Carter shot 45.2 percent from the floor, 79.8 percent from the line and played 36.7 minutes per game. Drexler, in his career, shot 47.2 percent from the floor, 78.8 percent from the line and averaged 34.6 minutes per game. Both players blocked shots at a similar rate (0.8 per 40 minutes for Drexler, 0.7 for Carter) and fouled at similar rates (3.5 per 40 minutes for Drexler, 3.4 for Carter). Drexler was a more complete player than Carter, however, with a higher assist ratio (20.8 versus 14.6) and rebound rate (9.9 percent versus 8.4 percent).
Thoughts?

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hbwoy said:
I see they used basketball-reference.com.
Yeah.

I don't think it was a knock, your thoughts?

-Petey

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
^No not a knock at all, I remember reading basketballreference.com and they have those comparisons on there. I think its a very lofty comparison after all Drexler is a hall of famer and one of the best to ever play the game. If Vince produces at that level, it can only be a good thing. Two things shocked me on that list though, the Rodman-Iggy comparison and the Tmac-Jordan comparison.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Petey said:
Link

Thoughts?

-Petey
I'm a huge Clyde "The Glide" Drexler Fan, and I was happy to see him win a title with his old "Phi Slamma Jamma" Teammate (Also a Fan) Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwan back in 95 after being denied a couple of times (Twice) by both Isaih and Jordan for a ring earlier in his career, and for anyone who got to see him play in his prime.....Man he was poetry in motion when he was in the air, and just to let any of the young "Thunder Cats" on here know who might think that Clyde is some sort of slap in the face to VC.......10 time NBA ALL STAR, ALL NBA 2nd Team (Twice), ALL NBA First team (Once), Olympic Gold Medalist (Original Dream Team), NBA Champion (Once), One of the 50th Greatest PLayers In NBA History, and last but not least NBA Basketball Hall Of Famer........So if you don't know...Now You Know N.... :biggrin: ....By the way I wonder if anyone has or can find a Drexler Mix? ....The rest of the article and it's comparisons are rather interesting, But I think they work to a certain degree when you put each players numbers next to the others.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
that nice... hopefully vince makes it to the hall of fame too.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fruitcake said:
that nice... hopefully vince makes it to the hall of fame too.
Up to Carter's present age, how do their careers stack up?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Good question.

One I can't answer due to my lack of basketball experience.

(I'm 16 for god's sake)

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
I don't know about how accurate these comparisons are. Projections, accounting for 'slower team philosophy' and so on seem like he's really stretching to make his point. Plus, matching up one season against career numbers seems a little too far. I don't know....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts