Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what we need- more player rankings!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/features/2002/preview/pvr/

It seems like SI is trying to be a little different in their rankings, but not too much. Some might not like that Kidd is listed as the 3rd best PG, and 16th best overall, or that Kobe is only the 3rd best SG, and 6th best overall. However, to me the biggest surprise is that Ming is listed as the 6th best C. Maybe they just did that because he's on the cover and all.

·
Registered
514 Posts
What made them put Kurt Thomas so high, and also did New York even have somebody in the power forward list.

·
Registered
481 Posts
To me, the most surprising thing is how Mike Bibby is ranked: 14th among the PGs and 80th overall. Point guards such as Stoudamire, Tinsley or Billups are placed above him.

Amazing.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Wow Yao Ming is pretty high :eek:

How you can put him ahead of David Robinson, Ratliff or even Campbell is beyond me

·
Registered
885 Posts
yeh those stats are pretty weird. they got ming at 6. he hasn't even played a game yet. and guys like ilgauskas and ratliff- both of those guys have played like a dozen games in the 2 seasons or so. i can't see how any of those guys can possibly be rated higher than brad miller, he has been very solid and consistent.:confused:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Those stats are for fantasy basketball, based on thier projected stats for 2002-2003 and thier teams won loss record.

It is not SI's ranking of "The Best Players in Basketball'.

It is their ranking of players based on their fantasy value.

Hitman

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Based on fantasy value Shawn Marion is definately a top10 player in the league.

They rank Jamison, Lewis and Stojakovic ahead of him, that's just pathetic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts