Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen enough now. Anderson and Gooden should be the starting frontline for the next 10 years.

Z is good but he is not a good fit, and the Cavs ask more from him than he can give over the course of a whole season. Do a sign and trade with someone.

Maybe do it with Memphis.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i was actually againt that deal because i was not sure if anderson could increase offensivelly... after last night i'm pretty sure it would be a good deal... i mean... Z was effortless on D... ridiculous... that 2nd quarter was the worst basketball i've seen all year by the cavs...

The only problem i see with the deal is that we would actually lose even more range... Z is a good shooter... and that's pretty much what we are missing right now...

·
Registered
28 Posts
by the last few games i noticed that z is really slow and sluggish .it like he can't keep up with any of the competition the cavs can sign him but soon they should surely trade him.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
Z doesn't have anything left in the tank.

I'm not opposed to signing and trading him if we can acquire some quality piece in return.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I think Z is looking like he is, is because he can't play the minutes the Cavs need him to play. At least over the course of 82 games. If he could be a 3rd option on a team, he would be much more efficient. And that team would need to be a slow it down halfcourt team.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Seeing Z go would be emotional but if I had to choose between gaining a few pieces or keeping him, I would take a good deal. Zydrunas is an offensively talented center in the half court. If you lose him, your halfcourt offense suffers but your fullcourt offense improves.

Since the Cavs still need to retool and are not close to being a contender, keeping Z probably isn't the best option. He is in a decline. Perhaps because Z is playing more minutes than before or perhaps his body is breaking. I'm thinking his health is questionable and if that's the case, you have to be wary.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
It would be really hard for me to agree with trading one of the NBA's last 7 foot centers. He did look horrible against the Kings but I don't know about trading him. Only if another capable big man was coming back in the deal would I even think about it. Frontcourt depth is a must.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts