Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on ESPN that Ray Allen wants 5 yeas, 90 mil.

Let's say he gets 80 mil, that's 16 mil a year. Vince gets what, 14 mil? So Vince and a couple people for Ray?

I would love to have Ray. You still have RJ for slashing to the hoop. Ray's consistancy from outside will give RJ more room. Ray will also be a legitimate zone buster.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
609 Posts
Seattle is playing great ball why would they want to switch Allen for Carter?

The only reason Allen may not sign with them is about money, and since Carter practically makes as much as Allen...I can't see Seattle willing to take on Carter's deal, and take a risk of loosing this very good team they have built.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
hihofink said:
Seattle is playing great ball why would they want to switch Allen for Carter?

The only reason Allen may not sign with them is about money, and since Carter practically makes as much as Allen...I can't see Seattle willing to take on Carter's deal, and take a risk of loosing this very good team they have built.
Carter's deal is for much shorter, so it's a lesser commitment.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I'm a big Ray Allen fan. He's an incredible shooter, and a very good decision maker. A month or two ago, I would have been a big supporter of trading Vince for Ray, but now, I'd lean more towards keeping Carter. Wouldn't be a bad thing for the Nets though if it happened. Also, I'd get to see Carter out here in Seattle.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
I'm a big Ray Allen fan. He's an incredible shooter, and a very good decision maker. A month or two ago, I would have been a big supporter of trading Vince for Ray, but now, I'd lean more towards keeping Carter. Wouldn't be a bad thing for the Nets though if it happened. Also, I'd get to see Carter out here in Seattle.
He would make us a better team, but with the team moving, Carter is maybe the 5th ot 6th biggest draw in the game. Ratner will want to keep him.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Petey said:
He would make us a better team, but with the team moving, Carter is maybe the 5th ot 6th biggest draw in the game. Ratner will want to keep him.

-Petey
True, Rat would probably nix a move of Carter, unless he got someone like KG.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Petey said:

-Petey
Very true.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
True, Rat would probably nix a move of Carter, unless he got someone like KG.
That's a move any GM should want to make, but I don't think Ratner would allow it. Add KG makes us title contender, but won't put us over the top. A title would draw fans as well if not better than Carter, but I don't know if he would take that risk.

-Petey

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
the Nets are already marketing the Big Three for next year. Allen may be the 5th or 6th biggest draw in the NBA, but Vince Carter is No. 2 or 3.

Carter is a better all around player and younger.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetIncome said:
the Nets are already marketing the Big Three for next year. Allen may be the 5th or 6th biggest draw in the NBA, but Vince Carter is No. 2 or 3.

Carter is a better all around player and younger.
LeBron James
Yao Ming
Allen Iverson
Shaq
Kobe or Carter...

I don't think Allen is a top 10 draw.

-Petey

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Petey said:
Exactly. The number of votes that Vinsanity got despite being used wrong in Toronto is a prime example of just how popular any type of flashy player that ESPN advertises becomes in the NBA.

And I'm not too sure about Ray Allen making you any better of team. I just love the trio of Kidd, Carter and Jefferson. The missing piece to your team might be found in both free agency or the draft. (I've got Hakim Warrick and Abdur Rahim in mind, and isn't Dalembert from Philly a restricted FA?)

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
Kidd and Carter have chemistry. As a general rule, you don't mess with chemistry unless you have a clear-cut upgrade. Even then you might lose out. Chris Webber anyone? I love Allen, but.....

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
NJ Grand NJ said:
After watching Carter play motivated, I dunno how you guys are even thinking of trading him unless we get Kobe/TMac.
I feel yah. In fact nobody really wants to part with Vince.
But there is a need for a really good PF, and VC is the only one that other teams might have interest on to seal the deal.

Trading him for Kobe or TMac doesn't make any sense, as it accomplished nothing. Might as well keep him then.

My :twocents:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
faNETicS said:
I feel yah. In fact nobody really wants to part with Vince.
But there is a need for a really good PF, and VC is the only one that other teams might have interest on to seal the deal.

Trading him for Kobe or TMac doesn't make any sense, as it accomplished nothing. Might as well keep him then.

My :twocents:
I would rather keep Carter than trade for Kobe or T-Mac.

All 3 have injury problems, all the time. And Carter is signed to the shortest deal.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
any wing man with a lot of athleticism is good with Kidd on the team. I like having Carter and RJ running with him. It's exciting and fun. Carter can shoot, so I won't say he's bad. But Allen is one of the best SG's in the game. He's real smooth and is a solid passer. It's tough but right now, I'd rather keep Carter, team him with RJ and have two deadly wing men...MIGHTY WING MEN!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts