Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about Bobby Simmons get the Most Improved Player award? Do you think he is deserving?

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Re: Simmons = MIP?

possibly between him and that primo brezec guy or whatever from the bobcats.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts

Weasel said:
What do you guys think about Bobby Simmons get the Most Improved Player award? Do you think he is deserving?

I think he has a lot of competition. But if people wondered if he was really making a difference on the clippers, take a look at the states of the clippers and there performance since he left.

And considering how he was a non-factor for washington.. Id say he has improved greatly. Gonna be a tough call though.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts

I think it's Bobby Simmons award this season. It's amazing how much he's improved since the last couple years. He used to not even play and now he's starting and become an important contributor. He's shooting a very nice percentage and he plays within an offense and manages to get his point even with players like Brand and Maggette scoring the majority of the points.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts

Simmons deserves it!

Competition might come from Kristic , Brezek , or maybe Gerald Wallace who never got his chance before. Wade might be considered too. He was good last year , but this tear he's just Nuts!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

bullet said:
Simmons deserves it!

Competition might come from Kristic , Brezek , or maybe Gerald Wallace who never got his chance before. Wade might be considered too. He was good last year , but this tear he's just Nuts!
Krstic is a rookie.

Personally, it should be between Wade and Simmons. The rest aren't even in the contest.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts

When the hell is Bobby Simmons going to play again anyway? They've been saying he's going to come back for about a week now.

It's playoff time in fantasy and I'm about to just drop him.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts

i for one hopes he doesnt get it as a selfish clipper fan. The MIP in itself probably adds 500000 a year to his potentical cnotract, if not more. :)

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

yamaneko said:
i for one hopes he doesnt get it as a selfish clipper fan. The MIP in itself probably adds 500000 a year to his potentical cnotract, if not more. :)
I see your point, as a Clipper fan I want to see him win it but him winning it might cause the price to go up.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

Don't forget Nailon and Dickau!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts

If he misses the rest of the games this year, this will hurt his chances..

·
Registered
5,561 Posts

Dang, looking at the numbers from some of thsoe other players doesnt make me feel that confident that he will get it...Didnt realize the improvement of some of those guys....that primo guy eclipsed all of his output last year, in the first three games this year? Holy crap!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts

And after making $825,000 this season, he is expected to be a hot commodity this summer, probably commanding a multiyear contract along the lines of the six-year, $42-million deal signed by Maggette two years ago.
Im not sure if i see the clippers giving him maggette money....unless they definately do not go after jaric, nor allen/redd/johnson,etc.

All things being equal, Simmons said before last week's season finale that "of course" he would like to stay with the team that gave him a chance.

"He would be thrilled if we can work something out with the Clippers," Bartelstein said. "But this is the first time he's really been a free agent and he's going to have an open mind and kind of see how the thing plays out. And then I'll sort of bring to him what the alternatives are and we'll weigh everything out. But he's got nothing but good feelings toward L.A....

"He's very happy there, loves the way he's been treated by everybody. So we just want to come up with the proper deal that's fair for who he is in this league."
The Clippers have made it clear that Shaun Livingston is their point guard of the future, a potentially "special player," as Dunleavy has said time and again. But, if the price is right, they still hope to retain Marko Jaric, who will be a restricted free agent July 1, and continue playing him at both guard positions.

"He's versatile and very much needed," Dunleavy said. "I look at him, he's a Danny Ainge-type of player. Danny could play [point guard], he could play [shooting guard]. He could shoot it. He's active defensively. He's athletic. He does a lot of things. And that's who I think Marko is."
General Manager Elgin Baylor did not rule out re-signing Kerry Kittles, who was limited to 11 games this season because of a variety of injuries.

"It depends on his health," Baylor said of the former New Jersey Net guard, who sat out the last half of the season because of a degenerative disk in his lower back.
If the clippers let jaric go, and if kittles gets his injuries healed, id definately throw 1-2 million at him because of his versitility. Only if his its not like baron davis, and if they can insure against the injuries though.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts

i know. Especially with the other injuries, he could have filled in at various positions, not to mention add a 3 point threat that we didnt have. Oh well. im sure another team will throw him more money than the clippers next year, but if not id like to see him here.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts