Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portland Trades
-Steve Blake

Los Angeles Lakers Trade
-Brian Cook

The lakers need a playmaker.

As for the Blazers, we really need a backup PF. Cook isnt a ironman, but he is a true PF. An added bonus is his ability to hit the 3. I think that his 78 3's last year(at 40%) is more than any current Blazer.

PG- S.Telfair/J.Jack
SG- S.Monia/J.Dixon/M.Webster/C.Smith(Inactive)
SF- D.Miles/R.Patterson/T.Outlaw/V.Khryapa
PF- Z.Randolph/B.Cook/R.Patterson/V.Khryapa
C- J.Pryzbilla/T.Ratliff/Ha(Inactive)

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Re: Simple Portland/LAL Trade

That would leave the Lakers with no backup big men besides Slava Medvedenko and Andrew Bynum and we already have enough mediocre point gaurds, (Sasha Vujacic, Aaron McKie, Smush Parker)

·
Registered
10,412 Posts

I like it, it fills a big need......

backup Power Forward....

·
Registered
7,207 Posts

Look at what you are saying. The Lakers need a playmaker. Trade them Blake. Whats wrong with this picture? Don't you think that if Blake was indeed a decent playmaker, that he would be getting minutes here? The Lakers actually like Cook, so I think you will have to do a little bit better then that.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts

The laker's wouldn't do that trade.They already have smush,and another guy.We do need a pf but we would have to include outlaw or picks or something of the like.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
ThatBlazerGuy said:
Portland Trades
-Steve Blake

The lakers need a playmaker.
:biggrin:

Odom & Kobe each have 5 APG, Smush Parker has 3 and is doing well at the point.

The idea of Blake learning the triangle and being a "playmaker" seems pretty funny, but I'll admit that I don't know Blake that well. Maybe he could pick it up.

By all means, come up with more ideas for trading Steve Blake! :cool:

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
No one will want Steve he's a mediocre pg at best that is one of the questionable moves by Nash.Im not on the hater wagon or the lover wagon just happy with some of his desicions and mad at others.Didn't we only need 2 pgs anyways and we had those in Bassy and Jack?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Backboard Cam said:
:biggrin:

Odom & Kobe each have 5 APG, Smush Parker has 3 and is doing well at the point.

The idea of Blake learning the triangle and being a "playmaker" seems pretty funny, but I'll admit that I don't know Blake that well. Maybe he could pick it up.

By all means, come up with more ideas for trading Steve Blake! :cool:
While I do not have the answer, I do know from many published reports that PJ prefers tall pg's. I would expect that Smush is just a stop gap until PJ can muster up a trade deadline deal. When looking for a Lakers/pg deal, think tall.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Bottom line, you do NOTHING to help the Lakers. They need a playmaker? Big freakin' deal. Go get a free agent. The Blazers should make it a fireable offense to do any kind of trade with the Lakers, unless it's the Lakers giving us a player for nothing.

The perfect scenario for me is when the Lakers go 0-82 for 10 straight seasons, and then they fold the franchise.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Since when did Steve Blake become a playmaker? I don't see why the Lakers would have any interest. You don't trade big for small.

I like having Blake on the team. He's not very good, but he has more experience than Telfair and Jack. We are going to need him here and there during the season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts