Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Since KG has officially declared he wants out...We got a shot, at all?

525 Views 25 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  sa1177
If its been asked, don't trip. I dont come here much.

Just keep it blunt, Im curious if our salaries are even in the position to make something like this happen.

...Maybe include our number 1 pick...?

Lemme kno.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
as a wolves fan, i dont want him to get traded...
it would more than likely require the #1 pick, telfair and then whatever you could throw to make salaries match.
i cant see this going down though, even if he is moved this off season
What about Miles+Zach+Telfair/Jack+Outlaw+Detroits pick
No. No. and No.

KG isn't worth his $100 million (or whatever it is) contract...

He has shown this year in Minnesota that he can't win with even pretty decent talent around him..

A soon-to-be washed up superstar is not what this franchise needs...
I'm presuming KG wants to leave for a "better" team.

That doesn't put the Blazers in very good position - does it! :biggrin:
southnc said:
I'm presuming KG wants to leave for a "better" team.
better team and market... being traded to a Portland team freshly gutted of what little talent it has would be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

STOMP
Unless he likes fishing for the elusive salmon - Portland's not on his map.

He wants out because he's the super star on a mediocre team. Nobody would then want to be the super star on a really bad team. Trail Blazers don't have a chance. It's two years too late for this kind of talk.
My NBA conspiracy theory senses tell me that he will end up in LA as the #2 scorer with Kobe, or as the Tmac helper in Houston.
No way Portland lands Garnett. I think it would be a worthwhile trade, no matter what - that move alone would inject some excitement into the franchise, and people would buy tickets as a result. But it won't happen. Not a chance.
None whatsoever
KG...Say hellooooo to Chicago.

Gordan
NY Pick
Chi Pick

After July 1 Chicago has Cap room enough to absorb his salary.
I must've missed the news. When did KG officially declare he wanted out? I thought he said just the opposite a few days ago.
We should go after ben gordan instead of kg.
Zidane said:
because we don't already have enough PG's right now.
Zidane said:
Yep, we don't have enough trouble with undersized SGs as is.
Foulzilla said:
Yep, we don't have enough trouble with undersized SGs as is.
He is better then any player we have on this team besides zach.
Zidane said:
If he's better, he's not enough better to think he'll make a difference on this team.

plus, getting a player who's "better" isn't always the way to go. Rashard Lewis is "better" than anyone on the team besides Zach, but that wouldn't be the best player to go for.
SMiLE said:
If he's better, he's not enough better to think he'll make a difference on this team.

plus, getting a player who's "better" isn't always the way to go. Rashard Lewis is "better" than anyone on the team besides Zach, but that wouldn't be the best player to go for.
IMO this team is to horrible to be concerned about a player's height if he is a significant upgrade in talent. ...Gordon would be a significant upgrade to our backcourt IMO not matter how tall he is.
Zidane said:
He's a slight upgrade over Juan Dixon. Not worth trading what it would take to get him. I mean sure, if Chicago were to give him to us in some stupid trade I'd be happy. But I certainly wouldn't "go after him."
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.