Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FIRST TEAM
F. Dirk Nowitzki
F. LeBron James
C. Ben Wallace
G. Kobe Bryant
G. Steve Nash

SECOND TEAM
F. Tim Duncan
F. Elton Brand
C. Shaquille O'Neal
G. Dwyane Wade
G. Chauncey Billups

THIRD TEAM
F. Kevin Garnett
F. Shawn Marion
C. Yao Ming
G. Gilbert Arenas
G. Jason Kidd.

What a joke Wade and Areas over Carter? Billups over Kidd? My source is from the SI issue I just recieved in the mail today. The cover is of Phil Mickelson with "Be Right!" in huge letters. Teams to be found on page 70.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,119 Posts
netsgiants said:
First Team
F DIrk Nowitzki
F. LeBron James
C Ben Wallace
G Kobe Bryant
G Steve Nash

SECOND TEAM
F Tim Duncan
F Elton Brand
C Shaquille O'Neal
G Dwyane Wade
G Chauncey Billups

Third TEAM
F. Kevin Garnett
F. Shawn Marion
C Yao Ming
G Gilbert Arenas
G Jason Kidd.

What a joke Wade and Areas over Carter? Billups over Kidd? My source is from the SI issue I just recieved in the mail today. The cover is of Phil Mickelson with "Be Right!" in huge letters.
Just leave us your age then you job is done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,634 Posts
Chauncey Billups is ahead of Kidd because the Pistons have 60+ wins.

Arenas should not be over Kidd or Carter IMO no matter how many points he puts up.
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
I don't like the positional restrictions.

There is no way in hell that Ben Wallace is 1st team and Elton Brand is 2nd team. That's absurd. Just idiotic.

That screws up the whole thing and leaves Gasol and Anthony no spots. These guys deserve to be All-NBA.

Edit: No Paul Pierce. OK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll tell you what else they had
MVP - Nash
Runner up: Dirk Nowitzki

Defensive player of the year - Tim Duncan
Runner up: Ben Wallace

ROY - Chris Paul
Runner up: Charlie Villanueva

Sixth Man - Mike Miller
Runner up:Speedy Claxton

Coach of the year - Flip Saunders
Runner up: Avery Johnson

Most improved - Boris Diaw
Runner up: Elton Brand

Executive of the year - Donnie Nelson
Runner up: Elgin Baylor
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
1st Team

Nash
Kobe
LeBron
Brand
Dirk


2nd Team

Kidd
Wade
Pierce
Gasol
Yao


3rd Team

Billups
Carter
Marion
Anthony
Duncan


Here's mine. This obviously wouldn't be allowed under the guidelines SI used.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,605 Posts
ghoti said:
1st Team

Nash
Kobe
LeBron
Brand
Dirk


2nd Team

Kidd
Wade
Pierce
Gasol
Yao


3rd Team

Billups
Carter
Marion
Anthony
Duncan


Here's mine. This obviously wouldn't be allowed under the guidelines SI used.

You got the first team right.

Second team should be
Billups
Wade
Anthony
Marion
Gasol

Third team should be
Kidd
Arenas
Carter
Pierce
Duncan

Shaq and Yao don't deserve all NBA spots.
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
GrandKenyon6 said:
You got the first team right.

Second team should be
Billups
Wade
Anthony
Marion
Gasol

Third team should be
Kidd
Arenas
Carter
Pierce
Duncan

Shaq and Yao don't deserve all NBA spots.
I excluded Shaq but not Yao. That's sort of a double standard, since both would make it if they were not injured. You are probably right.

Yao is just so damn good that it seems wrong not to include him.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
320 Posts
netsgiants said:
FIRST TEAM
F. Dirk Nowitzki
F. LeBron James
C. Ben Wallace
G. Kobe Bryant
G. Steve Nash

SECOND TEAM
F. Tim Duncan
F. Elton Brand
C. Shaquille O'Neal
G. Dwyane Wade
G. Chauncey Billups

THIRD TEAM
F. Kevin Garnett
F. Shawn Marion
C. Yao Ming
G. Gilbert Arenas
G. Jason Kidd.

What a joke Wade and Areas over Carter? Billups over Kidd? My source is from the SI issue I just recieved in the mail today. The cover is of Phil Mickelson with "Be Right!" in huge letters. Teams to be found on page 70.


this is a good list.


billups having an mvp season and is on the best team in the league.


wade arenas over carter? come on have you seen these guys play??

instant offense. they get to the line agressive can put up 40 if they want.


carter was good this season but all those players were great!!!!!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
69,620 Posts
I think Kidd will be the only one making an All NBA team from the Nets. Wade definitely is in over Vince. Arenas and Vince just like the all star game could be argued, but Arenas has had the better statistical season. Who knows Collins might actually make an all defensive team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,515 Posts
Net2 said:
Chauncey Billups is ahead of Kidd because the Pistons have 60+ wins.

Arenas should not be over Kidd or Carter IMO no matter how many points he puts up.
No...Kidd should be ahead of Billups...but I agree that Kidd and Carter >>>> Arenas...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,515 Posts
ghoti said:
1st Team

Nash
Kobe
LeBron
Brand
Dirk


2nd Team

Kidd
Wade
Pierce
Gasol
Yao


3rd Team

Billups
Carter
Marion
Anthony
Duncan


Here's mine. This obviously wouldn't be allowed under the guidelines SI used.
Agree... :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
I don't care how good the Pistons are it makes me SOOO angry to see Billups on an All-NBA team when there is SOOO many great guards in this league.

1st team:
Nash
Kobe
James
Dirk
Shaq

2nd team:
Wade
Carter
Pierce
Brand
Yao

3rd team:
Kidd
Arenas
Anthony
Marion
Duncan

(Shaq and Yao are interchangeable, as are all the guards)

For some reason neither KG nor Gasol make my list but it feels like they should. I really don't like my 3rd team but that's the best I can come up with right now.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top