Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sixers get: Chris Wilcox
Clippers get: Eric Snow

There have to be other players involved to make it work under the salary cap.
IMO this trade would help both teams. The Clippers get the veteran Point Guard they have sarched for, while the Sixers get a young, athletic Power Forward to replace DC in a year.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
119 Posts
if i were the clips, i'd do it in a heartbeat. by acquiring a veteran PG with leadership skills, they would definitely be taking a step forward toward being a regular playoff contender.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Actually I'm a Sixers Fan, but I like the Sonics too.
I picked the picture of Mason because he's a very good player and I like his attitude a lot, plus he scores 2 points against the Lakers on the pic...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's up with Lewis?
The Sixers got Salmons out of the draft. Big Guard with nice ballhandling skills. But he isn't a super athlete, so I don't think he will be in the rotation. It's more like Buckner and Mckie are gonna play, plus Snow, if he stays, but I think he'll be traded in the next days.

·
Registered
119 Posts
salmons is an average ballhandler with size. he doesnt shoot particularly well and does not have the athleticism or quickness to be able to stick in the league. he's never been the star of his own team. in his miami days, he's always played in the shadows of players such as darius rice, johnny helmsley and tim james. personally, i feel he wont live up to his 1st round billing.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The 76ers would be cautious about trading Snow if Salmons is not ready for some quality playing time. That Maryland raw raw rookie won't help for two years. Ely is more ready, at least, but still a rookie.

The 76ers have been very injured two consecutive years. Harpring and Mutombo have been healthy, but supposedly don't fit in the short and then long term plans. They have 6 players,Bryant, and a zillion 1-2 year types. Brown may not be able to live with this but his options are few. I don't see him adding a raw player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts