Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watching the game? Cwebb's out with an inflamed knee. Rodney Rogers gets the start.

AI's abusing Chris Duhon. He has like 25pts at the half so far. He's on his way to another 50pt game. stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction, AI has 24pts and are leading at the half 55-47.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
End of 3rd. We're still up by 4. 71-67.

AI doesn't look hurt to me. But he's slowed down this qt. scored only 1pt.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
After this loss, I'm convinced Obie doesn't know what the **** he's doing. No offense in the 2nd half and Korver's on the bench, attempted only 2 shots.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
alleninsf said:
After this loss, I'm convinced Obie doesn't know what the fcuk he's doing. No offense in the 2nd half and Korver's on the bench, attempted only 2 shots.
Could have told you that at the begining of the season, although I had high hopes for OB in Philly. :(

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
The worst thing about this game is that the Bulls seemed to be coasting through the whole thing. I'm sure we missed Chris Webber, but the Bulls were missing both Eddy Curry and Luol Deng. The defense was terrible often this year, but in this game it was completely atrocious so many times guys were getting beat off the dribble easily leaving Dalembert having to defend two guys. I actually think Sammy had a good game, his jumper was falling, he had a couple blocks a 16, 17 night but he needed help defensively.

There's no excuse for Kirk Hinrich to be blowing by everyone we put on him, Hinrich put the ball on the floor and took one step and he was beyond the defender.. I don't care if it was Iverson, Korver, Iguodala, McKie, Hinrich is not that fast. I wouldn't blame O'Brien for Korver's lack of shots, the Bulls had a great idea of how to stop Kyle Korver, put Hinrich on him, Korver couldn't even get away for his shot once, and often left a player in the paint stranded because he couldn't bail them out.

Othella Harrington was just balling out there too, he was the best Hoya on the floor last night. The defense had no idea how to handle it, because we faced a team where both big men are capable of hitting jumpers, and that's where they both did most of their damage.

Josh Davis got time in this one, and it was one of those things that pissed me off, he's the worst player on the team, maybe even the worst in the league yet he's making a paycheck and getting minutes over Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley. I know Bradley's a stiff, but Barnes can play.. what sucks about all of this is that we all know Barnes is going to end up back in Sacramento next season and he's going to produce.

Also, if Iverson's going to play the way he played in the fourth quarter, he might as well sit out these games and let his thumb heal. 11 TOs, I can't even remember how many came in the fourth, and not many of them were because of the thumb a lot were simply bad decisions. If Iverson was any other player, he would've been ejected with his second tech after falling over the ground pouting, he was completely out of control in the fourth quarter and that's a huge reason why we lost.

The worst thing about this loss is that the Bulls didn't even play good, Gordon had a good game but it wasn't a Ben Gordon night he had a quiet good night.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Tough game. In the stretch of 4 quarters, I don't think you did well enough to beat us, but I don't think you were far away from a victory either. O'Brien kept Korver on the bench, which I think hurt you the most. Iverson was flying past his man all night and getting to the baskbet but he was always followed by a couple of help defenders which made his shot so dificult. Had he been able to have Kyle out on the perimiter, he'd definately hit a couple of three pointers to open up the game a little bit and force the Bulls to play more honest. AI didn't have a great second half simply because Chicago managed to stick two or three bodies on him when he got to the lane, and at times, Iverson was being hot-head and commited turnovers or didn't get the ball out quickly enough.

PhillyPhanatic said:
The defense was terrible often this year, but in this game it was completely atrocious so many times guys were getting beat off the dribble easily leaving Dalembert having to defend two guys. I actually think Sammy had a good game, his jumper was falling, he had a couple blocks a 16, 17 night but he needed help defensively.
Great call. I think Dalembert was awesome tonight, and it's a shame that Iverson doesn't use him out on pick and roll's often enough. He could definately hit those mid-range jumpers, and I find him as one of the hottest free agents this summer. I certainly hope LA takes a look at him.

I've also been left wondering why O'Brien didn't call any plays for Sammy. He's huge, and he set set his foot down out near the basket, he should have gotten a few calls to work his low-post game. Antonio Davis nor Othella Harrington could consistently stop that, IMO.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
One thing that stood out to me watching this game, was that the sixers were clearly better than the bulls. They just relaxed in the second half, and got lulled asleep. O'Brien has to get them to focus, they did the same thing against the cavs. I get inexperience, but 48 minutes just isn't that hard of a concept.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Random observations:

1. On an individual basis, the sixers blew me away defensively. I had know idea AI and Aaron McKie were that good on defense. I've always thought of AI as a bad one on one defender, but he wasn't today. He wasn't Gary Payton, but he was way better than I thought.

2. Kyle Korver killed their defensive recovery. I remember two seperate plays where the bulls got offensive rebounds, and Korver walked back to his man, leaving the AI's guarding three players, and giving the bulls easy 3's. He's obviously worn out. Hopefully the rest will help them out.

3. Andre Iguadala is the ****.

4. So is Sam Dalembert.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
sliccat said:
One thing that stood out to me watching this game, was that the sixers were clearly better than the bulls. They just relaxed in the second half, and got lulled asleep. O'Brien has to get them to focus, they did the same thing against the cavs. I get inexperience, but 48 minutes just isn't that hard of a concept.
I'm just curious, how after watching this do you get that we're clearly better than the Bulls?

There are certain games I came away feeling that way, but this one, I felt the 55 points weren't a sign of how well we were playing just how bad both teams were playing. Honestly, it was probably one of the worst basketball games I've seen all year.

In the fourth quarter, the Bulls showed that they simply know how to pull out wins better than we are, which is amazing since they are such a young team.

I'm looking over the play by play, and I see the team went 9-34 in the second half, that's not relaxing that's just terrible basketball.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The refs didn't help. They gave the Sixers plenty of free throws, but anytime the game becomes more about fouls and technicals, its no longer a game about the players or teams, its a game about which ref wants to have the bigger whistle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts