Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since our mods suck ;) I'm posting the thread.

Sixer's are up 13 at the half. Say what you want about O'Brien's defense, it works great against one player. Of course, that means it's great for 5 games of the season, and sucks anywhere else, but that's besides the point.

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
Hope that we'll get the 8th seed, yes, but it's awesome to see Iverson pull this kind of stuff off with a fractured thumb...geez is this guy the greatest competitor you've ever seen or what ?

·
Player
7,852 Posts
Max Payne said:
Hope that we'll get the 8th seed, yes, but it's awesome to see Iverson pull this kind of stuff off with a fractured thumb...geez is this guy the greatest competitor you've ever seen or what ?
i choose "or what". it's good to see the sixers getting on track, webber is about a 16/9 guy with iverson, thats cool, gotta accept his mefirst attitude i guess, but sixers record since webber trade is 6-5. they on the right track my friends, next year with training camp and all that they will be much improved.

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
sherako said:
i choose "or what". it's good to see the sixers getting on track, webber is about a 16/9 guy with iverson, thats cool, gotta accept his mefirst attitude i guess, but sixers record since webber trade is 6-5. they on the right track my friends, next year with training camp and all that they will be much improved.
Just so you know, Kobe is nowhere near the competitor that AI is.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
Max Payne said:
Just so you know, Kobe is nowhere near the competitor that AI is.
:raised_ey @ kid mentality. look at you reacting. unlike you though, i won't fall into that trap, i'm not here for confrontation, i'm here to try and learn about the game. if you really want to fight somebody, i suggest you take up shadowboxing.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sherako said:
:raised_ey @ kid mentality. look at you reacting. unlike you though, i won't fall into that trap, i'm not here for confrontation, i'm here to try and learn about the game. if you really want to fight somebody, i suggest you take up shadowboxing.
That would be a reaction. Don't try to mask it by pretending to take the high road while dissing someone in the process, nobody falls for it.

Great win by the sixers, but I'm not convinced yet. They blew out three teams struggling mightily and with no real perimeter threat. We'll see if they're for real after the rest of this month's schedule.

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
What I was looking to point out is that one of Iverson's marquee qualities is his competitiveness...sure Kobe takes 1500 jump shots a day but how many superstars do you see putting their bodies on the line and throwing themselves all over the court, playing injured and still playing at a high level ? Kevin Garnett's my favorite player but even he doesn't come anywhere near AI in terms of hustle. AI defines playing hard and respecting the game...how often have you seen him go up and talk **** to someone like Duncan after having his shot blocked ? That day Wade had a clean block on him and got called for a foul which resulted in Kobe acting like he's God and giving Wade some lip...Wade will be better than Kobe in a few years and is already almost at his level ( alongside the fact that he has intangibles that Kobe could never have).

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Max Payne said:
What I was looking to point out is that one of Iverson's marquee qualities is his competitiveness...sure Kobe takes 1500 jump shots a day but how many superstars do you see putting their bodies on the line and throwing themselves all over the court, playing injured and still playing at a high level ? Kevin Garnett's my favorite player but even he doesn't come anywhere near AI in terms of hustle. AI defines playing hard and respecting the game...how often have you seen him go up and talk **** to someone like Duncan after having his shot blocked ? That day Wade had a clean block on him and got called for a foul which resulted in Kobe acting like he's God and giving Wade some lip...Wade will be better than Kobe in a few years and is already almost at his level ( alongside the fact that he has intangibles that Kobe could never have).
Did you see the play he did against Chicago? He stumbled, braced himself on the hand with the broken thumb, and kept dribbling! He didn't even wince. Dude's got to be physically the toughest on the planet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts