Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who optimistically think the Bulls will make the playoffs next season, I respectfully disagree. My take on Eastern Conference (in order of last season's record):

1. New Jersey - once again the class of the East even w/ an aging Mutombo on board, Kidd should still have an MVP like season; Jefferson is going to explode this season
2. Detriot - Wallace is the best post player in the East, w/ Stack and Billups this team will once again be tough
3. Boston - less depth on this years' team, but Pierce and Walker will have them winning many, many ball games
4. New Orleans - contender or pretender? a healthy Mash coupled with Davis will be scary
5. Orlando - all indications are such that Hill is healthy (finally), w/ Hill and an improving McGrady this team gets to the playoffs again
6. Philadelphia - this team could slip w/o Mutombo though MacCullogh is decent and Van Horne can shoot, my prediction is that they either get the #8 seed or play the lotto
7. Toronto - a healthy Vince gets them back in the playoffs
8. Indiana - my sleeper pick to secure a #3 or #4 birth, deep young team with veteran leadership, the skies the limit

the rest....
9. Milwaukee - Cassell, Allen, Thomas, Mason, Pryzbilla, that's still a good lineup and playoff worthy
10. Washington - sans MJ, this team is playing the lotto
11. Miami - still a decent team if Mourning can contribute something, Butler will have a ROY season
12. Atlanta - Terry, Robinson, Ratliff, Rahim? not too bad, playoffs now seem with reach
13. New York - this team seems destined for 30 wins unless McDyess can return to old form
14. Cleveland - athletic, but will finish last or next to last, heck they want Lebron anyways
15. Chicago - they won 21 games last season (8 less than the second worst Cleveland); they added Jay Williams (nice!) and two role players (hmm), its 30 wins (maybe) and we play the lotto

Peace all.

VD

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b> HEY BAMABULL, WHERE YOU AT?? </b>

Now's the time to say the Bulls will win 45 games and finish ahead of the Pacers. Hahaha. Nope.

VD

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Teams we are better than

Cavs
Washington - sans MJ

Teams we could be better than

In order from worst

New York -
Miami -
Orlando - Not if Hill is healthy
Milwaukee -
Philadelphia - Unlikely if healthy
Toronto - Unlikely if healthy
Atlanta - Not if Ratliff is healthy

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Deisel, I have to respectfully disagree with you.

I think the Bulls will at least finish above the Cavs. If Jordan doesn't come back, they will be ahead of Washington. You simply picked the 8 teams that made the Playoffs last year and rearranged them a bit. I do think the Knicks will be better as well as the Bucks and also Miami. We will probably not make the Playoffs but not at the bottom. We want to be competitive this coming year and probably can lure one or two good free agents next summer. Who knows? Chicago Bulls may be attractive next year and people may ask their agents to contact us instead of us contacting them.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I think Miami might struggle. They haven't done much this off-season and are relying on a rookie to make them better than last year.

New York might have a better line-up but they still don't have a seasoned coach and it seems the team is a little apathetic.

Toronto got worse. They better hope Vince is back to his old form. Lindsey Hunter and no Keon is not a recipe for improvement.

Philly HAS to stay healthy to be in the play-offs. Snow, Iverson, Van Horn, Coleman, Mckei? These are some fit guys.

Grant Hill....hmmmm....I'll believe it when I see it.

Boston will be good but they are relying so much on two guys. Who knows if they'll sustain.

Washington is awfully young. Much like Chicago. All depends on MJ.

Indiana is super young. Besides Reggie they have all young guys. But they all might be ready to bust out this season. I just think they need a better coavh to truly compete.

I'm not saying Chicago will be better than all these teams. I don't think these teams are a lock to be good teams.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
Deisel, I have to respectfully disagree with you.

I think the Bulls will at least finish above the Cavs. If Jordan doesn't come back, they will be ahead of Washington. You simply picked the 8 teams that made the Playoffs last year and rearranged them a bit. I do think the Knicks will be better as well as the Bucks and also Miami. We will probably not make the Playoffs but not at the bottom. We want to be competitive this coming year and probably can lure one or two good free agents next summer. Who knows? Chicago Bulls may be attractive next year and people may ask their agents to contact us instead of us contacting them.
Sorry if you got the wrong idea.

I only listed the Bulls last b/c last season they had the worst record in the East (its listed by record of course). I did this as a means of comparison, and not official ending results.

For the record, I think the Bulls are better than Cleveland and Washington sans MJ. And they are only an injury or chemistry problem away from finishing ahead of the likes of NY, Toronto, and Philadelphia. However, the Bulls match up poorly w/ veteran teams like Milwaukee, Miami, Orlando and to some extent Atlanta... so those will be hard games as well. Last season the Bulls had no answer for Cassell, Allen, McGrady, even Terry gave us fits... so I don't see this suddenly turning around. As an optimist, I'm hoping for 35 wins... but I'm still seeing 30 wins (and the lotto again) at best this next year.

Hey.

VD

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>Lizzy</b>!
I think Miami might struggle. They haven't done much this off-season and are relying on a rookie to make them better than last year.
Sounds a lot like us!

New York might have a better line-up but they still don't have a seasoned coach and it seems the team is a little apathetic.
Definitely agree. NY has seen its better days. And I'm not exactly sold on McDyess yet.

Toronto got worse. They better hope Vince is back to his old form. Lindsey Hunter and no Keon is not a recipe for improvement.
A healthy Carter is still better than anyone we have, so head to head games will be interesting!

Philly HAS to stay healthy to be in the play-offs. Snow, Iverson, Van Horn, Coleman, Mckei? These are some fit guys.
Once again its AI and a bunch of role players. Wouldn't have it any other way...

Grant Hill....hmmmm....I'll believe it when I see it.
Amen.

Boston will be good but they are relying so much on two guys. Who knows if they'll sustain.
Paul Pierce is plain sick. I don't care much for Walker... but Boston will be tough again.

Washington is awfully young. Much like Chicago. All depends on MJ.
Yup.

Indiana is super young. Besides Reggie they have all young guys. But they all might be ready to bust out this season. I just think they need a better coavh to truly compete.
Hahaha... yeah. I don't care much for Isaih THE COACH. But they are young and talented.

I'm not saying Chicago will be better than all these teams. I don't think these teams are a lock to be good teams.

I'm crossing my fingers for 35 wins Lizzy. I just don't see it happening. But I could be wrong... and if we get there I'll gladly eat crow.

Go Bulls.

VD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts