Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"It's not anything that's dirty basketball, but coaching the small things to make your players to be successful, to make a shooter miss," Allen said. "It should be a foul. See what you can get away with … gaining that small advantage.

"It's good coaching more than anything. What if the referee doesn't call it? Keep doing it again. It's not a foul unless the referees call it. … Every time I went to shoot, they were hitting me on my elbow."

Allen said the tactic is known in NBA parlance as "Snakebite."

"They just get into your head with all the grabbing and the holding and the no-calls," Sonics coach Nate McMillan said.

Bulls coach Scott Skiles said the Sonics' complaints were to gain an edge with referees.

"I don't have a clue that [Allen's] talking about," he said. "One of the best defensive guards in the league guarded him and did a great job. I understand you lose a game and people make comments trying to influence the outcome and you hope the referees have the maturity and skill not to buy into any of that. Hope being the key word there."
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...sbits,1,2844803.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

Does Ray have an argument? I never really noticed this type of elbowing before but I should take a closer look.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ray also doesn't discount signing and playing for the Bulls next year.
Allen is a free agent after this season and has talked openly about leaving Seattle. He's arguably the best shooting guard in the NBA, a position the Bulls need with Ben Gordon being a classic sixth man. It's doubtful the Bulls would have major salary cap room this summer, so it's unlikely they would be a candidate for Allen. Would Allen be interested in the Bulls?

"Whatever team I feel is the right situation is where I'll go," Allen said. "Chicago is a great market to play in. I always envied this city being in Milwaukee. The opportunity for players is greater. Tradition is very rich and they're not far from Jordan's era.

"But you have to see their direction. You can sign with a team and not know. Look at Jason Kidd in New Jersey. They were going in the direction he wanted and then, boom, they're trading everyone. I wouldn't eliminate Chicago at all."
He's doing this to every team. except the Clippers. He said he would not want to play for them.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Gay Allen on the Bulls.

He can take a 50 dollar bill and shove it up his ***.....

The **** with Allen

Sonics -Rockets in the playoffs

I cant wait for McGrady to light his ***

*sorry, no masked cursing*

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
bulls assistant coach ron adams was also an assistant in milwaukee. he taught ray to use the snake bite manuever. this was mentioned by the sonics play-by-play guys.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
RoRo said:
bulls assistant coach ron adams was also an assistant in milwaukee. he taught ray to use the snake bite manuever. this was mentioned by the sonics play-by-play guys.

this is what ron has to say about miss allen:

"That was kind of a humorous story,'' Adams said. "If you talk to anybody in Milwaukee or anybody that I work with here, they'll tell you that that's something we don't teach. I think that Ray has always been one who tries to posture with the officials to try to get an advantage.

"I guess what I would say in response to 'snakebite,' or whatever he accuses me of teaching, is that I'll trade a couple of snakebite fouls for the five or six push-offs he gets in a game trying to get open.''

Allen says Bulls "Bite"

ok that's a funny headline! ray allen did more posturing before the game than a supermodel in vogue.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Typically, Hinrich was unfazed by the charges.

"I don't know what to say," Hinrich said. "We play aggressive defense, but I wouldn't say that we foul a lot. If we don't play aggressively against (Allen), he can score 40 points. Even if we do play aggressively, he can score 40 points."

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/161sd8.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts