Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is LMAO! I'm pretty fed up with the primadonna officiating and treatment in the NBA and this cracked me up.

Almost as much as Shaq's latest quote on David Stern.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Isn't it nice not to be coach?

KERRR-SEY'S A BABY KERRR-SEY'S A BABY!

And look at me, I'm not $7500 poorer for it.

Dick Bavetta's a complete jerk too, and so is that guy Crawford, and everyone else. Total losers!

Ok, everyone knows I'm just kidding, right? I really don't mean it if you're somehow related to one of these guys or something... :D

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
KERSEY'S A BABY.

actually he looks more like a keebler elf. hey, get back to your tree and start making cookies!
you're right. it feels great! hahaha.

he had it out for the bulls last night, IMO, because of the formal complaint filed by the team from the boston incident - where he scolded kirk and ooops used a profanity. impartial? oh, yeah right.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The structure of officiating in this league is a joke. There's absolutly no accountability for the refs. I find it somewhat ironic that a league that is so concerned with it's image would willingly hire back a ref who's been hit with tax evasion by the IRS for not reporting income when he was cashing in first class tickets for coach and pocketing the difference.

Being a ref is a thankless job and it's definatly one I don't have the temperment for but when a ref berates a player on the court with "offensive" language - that's crossing the line. If a player were to assault a ref in the same manner, he'd be ejected, fined and possibly suspended without pay. The ref does it to the player and it's business as usual.

They're supposed to be impartial judges but more often than not they let whatever agendas they have cloud how they call a game and it's not just the Bulls but league-wide. It takes away from my enjoyment of the game when the refs call a contest based upon each teams perceived strengths rather than calling the game as it was supposed to be called. If it's a foul on one side of the floor, it's a foul on the other end also. More often than not, that's not the case.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
Isn't it nice not to be coach?

KERRR-SEY'S A BABY KERRR-SEY'S A BABY!

And look at me, I'm not $7500 poorer for it.

Dick Bavetta's a complete jerk too, and so is that guy Crawford, and everyone else. Total losers!

Ok, everyone knows I'm just kidding, right? I really don't mean it if you're somehow related to one of these guys or something... :D
Don't leave out Steve Jabbey.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm glad Skiles said what he said. Whether or not he should be fined is another question, but at least he's bringing attention to the incompetency of the refs.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
He should have just called him a "cranky old *******" in the tone of George Clooney to the old motel attendant in from dusk till dawn.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Give em hell Skiles! Understand this well grasshopper, the old packaderm will not forget.
It would seem to me that a job as a NBA referee is pretty desireable, does anyone have details?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts