Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"We were just too small," Skiles said in an interview during the Bucks' annual golf outing Monday at Westmoor Country Club. "We added some length around the rim. Now it's just a matter of trying to put it all together."

When Bogut fractured his left ankle in Houston on Jan. 25, the Bucks' defense suffered a body blow.

And it never recovered even though a much-improved offense kept the team in the Eastern Conference playoff chase until the final weeks of the season.

"I think we're going to be OK scoring the ball," Skiles said. "We've got to get better on the defensive end. We can't have the nightly layup drill that was going on. The guys know it, too. We've got to do it; we can't talk about it.

"We've got to become a top-10 defensive team. And if we can score the ball at any sort of a similar rate, we're going to have a very, very good year.

"I've never coached a team when it (defense) isn't a focus. And most of the teams I've coached have been good defensive teams. It was hard to explain. We work on it all the time. For whatever reason, we had great difficulty stopping anybody, and that hurt us a lot."
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/size-not-a-big-issue-1g6vp8g-171078801.html

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
I should add that we have the smallest backcourt in the league and that may negate all of our interior size

1 - 5 of 5 Posts