Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Skiles postgame.

ref turned his back on me throughout the game, was a big baby out there.

-"I thought Eddy was good out there offensively" what we are not getting is, we had a nice commitment the month of dec and the end first week jan. we were playing good defense we are giving 100 pts a game tonight. we made awfully easy for them.

-3q "not respond that well.

-q: can you talk about JC's game?
a: offensively he was very good. defensively he wasn't there.

postgame vid (20 megs) I encoded it on the fly so it's not the best quality.

that's KC johnson in the background.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
According to NBA rule No. 12A, section I(a), the ball is awarded to the team that shot the free throw after an opponent is assessed a technical for calling a timeout when none remains.

This is otherwise known as "The Chris Webber Rule."

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
"Jess Kersey turned his back on me right from the beginning of the game. I'm not sure why. We weren't even getting on him at that time. He spent most of the game not even acknowledging any of the questions we had or anything else.

"He really was a big baby out there," Skiles added. "It's a shame for a guy with his experience to be that way, but that's what happened."
I don't get this. I know the Bulls are a bad team, but it seems more and more like the refs are actually blackballing us. They ignored BC, they ignore Skiles, they allow Hinrich to get mugged and berate him for complaining.

The Bulls have been horrible but they ddidn't do anything to draw such contempt from the officials. Anyone have any idea what gives?

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
It must be payback for having to make all the MJ calls they made in the 90s :laugh:

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
They ignored BC, they ignore Skiles, they allow Hinrich to get mugged and berate him for complaining.
Actually that was Jess Kersey himself that chastised Hinrich in the middle of the game. Maybe Jess is pushing his limits as sheriff:

JESS IN HIS EARLY YEARS

Just in case anyone was wondering, Jess was one of those refs forced to resign and then rehired during that flight downgrade scam a couple years ago.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wynn</b>!
Think the league'll fine Skiles?
apparently so. to the tune of $7,500 - pending appeal.

"The NBA league office will fine Chicago Bulls coach Scott Skiles $7,500 on Wednesday for criticizing veteran official Jess Kersey after Monday night's loss in Seattle, according to league sources."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/7866982.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts