Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vocabulary Spills Im iLL!
693 Posts
Its a part of his shtick. It puts money in his pocket and keeps him relevant, haters gotta eat too. Besides would anyone expect anything different?

·
do better
41,522 Posts
I'm just wondering why anyone has to pay for journalism school when a guy like him is making one of the best livings in that industry

They teach integrity, accountability etc. and then you turn on the TV and see a bunch of trolls

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
He does it on purpose. He's playing up the character he started on TV.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Well aware of that doesn't really change anything. I guess kids should go to acting school instead

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
When I read it I saw it as Skip saying Heat win easily when LeBron drives to the basket :kanyeshrug:

But then again, that'd mean Skip wasn't taking a shot at LeBron, so I doubt it's that.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
I bet when you can just troll/blog your way to the top
Journalism school was just incredibly expensive social networking for the pre-internet age. And that's all it ever was. You went to journalism school to make contacts and get plum internships so that you could break into the journalism field. 100% of the attendees had already learned to write, and normally had undergrad writing degrees. So, yeah, in this day and age it's a vast waste of money as there are much less expensive ways to network.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Skip may as well double down on this schtick. He doesn't have much to lose and it's obvious that there is a market for his brand of stupidity. I seriously hope it is all an act. If he's serious then the man needs a psychiatrist.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
This is the problem with Twitter...messages can be vague. I'm gonna have to watch First Take reruns to see what he means.

I read it as saying the Thunder didn't force Lebron outside of the paint, so the Heat won easily. Probably b/c Harden isn't physically equipped to guard Lebron.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
When I read it I saw it as Skip saying Heat win easily when LeBron drives to the basket :kanyeshrug:

But then again, that'd mean Skip wasn't taking a shot at LeBron, so I doubt it's that.
That's how I understood it when I read it, too.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
How many years does that guy have to do this routine before people stop getting outraged by it? It's like when Bill hyperbole Walton (I actually miss him) was broadcasting and people kept quoting over-praising.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts