Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is honestly a good read if you have some time to look at eveyrone who participated in these events. Some no names, some big names that you would never think could dunk a ball. Then there are those who we know can throw em down wit the best....

look at the 1997 results
-Bob Sura was in the dunk contest and he came in 5th. He can dunk!? He was a good dunker out of FSU but....:rolleyes:

look at the 1994 results
- 2 big surprises
- Allan Houston? I mean this guy dunks too!?
- Antonio Davis I never thought this guy could do anything creative with a dunk. I guess I was wrong. (I heard he won a competition on a 12 foot net)

Not much of a surprise really...but Doug Christie was in the dunk contest in 1996.

Take a look. Pretty cool stuff

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I have kenny walkers autograph on a fading bullets cap, ex slam dunk champion :) don't know where it is now though.

I hope this year they PUT THE best dunkers on there and just let them do whatt hey want, no more of this stupid spin the wheel crap.

I want the best dunkers to be INVITED, not like last year, kobe wasn't even invited and he was a ex champion

I want to see kobe, vince, tmac, Marion go at it, it'd be tight

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to see Vince in it again but my gut feeling says he won't be in it....

An idea,

Wouldn't you like to see the NBA all star festivities go on like the NHL ones. I mean the players voted onto the all star team have to participate in events. Like in hockey there is the speed, the shot, the slap shot.....they should have it like that in the NBA that if you make it as an all star you HAVE to at least participate in one event. That will show everyone the stars, and they will have a great time. I don't want to see a bunch of no names in the dunk contest, 3pt contest etc.....

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
1. VC
2. T-Mac
3. J-Rich
4. Ricky Davis
5. B-Davis
6. Kobe
7. Odom
8. Miles
9. Magette
10. The Matrix
11. Francis
12. G-Wallace
13. Mason
14. E-Rob

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Good list HEATLUNATIC! E-Rob could be a sleeper if the commish lets him compete. He has one of the highest verts in the league and I've seen him deliver some sick dunks. I hope he gets in this year if he's healthy.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I actually thought Tracy has some nasty left handed dunks, eh? The only over Mutumbo was amazing, anyone remember?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, out of those who do you think would take the 2003 Slam Dunk Award....I say the fresh Vince of Mid air

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
KC, did u catch the one Vince jumped over Ben Wallace. I was shocked when I saw that happened.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
KC, did u catch the one Vince jumped over Ben Wallace. I was shocked when I saw that happened.
the vince dunk over wallace? I honestly thought that was one of the best dunks in the year. It should've made nba.com's top 10 list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts