Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is this guy? He comes out of nowhere and becomes one of the biggest role players for the Lakers. Wish he was on the Mavericks.:sigh:

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Hes not as good as you think, hes a crappy rebounder, a crappy defender, takes dumb fouls, and is inconsistent.... dont forget, this was againt the Hawks...dont get too excited

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Always had nice skill set but problems showing effort... until last game..

Has always had very good range, and good offensivley, problem is his defensive effort which was good last night

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Hes not as good as you think, hes a crappy rebounder, a crappy defender, takes dumb fouls, and is inconsistent.... dont forget, this was againt the Hawks...dont get too excited
He is not a crappy defender, and he is not a crappy rebounder. He's just inconsistent. Slava has always been a hustle player who can knock down the open shot. He's a good role player for any team.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Most of this is true... but it's nice to have a player that is better than anyone on the Kings bench not named Jackson.

He's a good shooter, is somewhat agile around the basket, is comfortable with the ball up to 19 feet from the basket, perfers to face up his man and go around him, is good at running the floor and is a good offensive rebounder. However most of the above faults listed by SacKings are valid.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
He's having a breakout year this year. He's really improved his defense (even though its still below average imo). He's still somewhat of a 'blackhole' but not as much as he used to be (if that makes sense). It also seems that he finally got the Triangle which is why Phil's giving him more minutes. He's also finally showing some emotion and hustle out there too. But he always had a nice offensive game

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Yikes, I think we have a troll on our hands mods?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts

A troll?
Do you get lonely under the bridge?

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
LAKER REPORT - Medvedenko Shines in Real Time

LAKER REPORT - Medvedenko Shines in Real Time

By Lonnie White, Times Staff Writer

With all of the Lakers' high-profile players, it's easy to understand why Slava Medvedenko seemed surprised to see the horde of reporters and cameramen waiting for him Saturday at the team's practice facility in El Segundo.

But after his 26-point, 11-rebound performance in the Lakers' 113-67 victory over Atlanta the night before, Medvedenko was the player under the spotlight. He looked at the crowd in front of him in awe, knowing that these types of media moments have not happened often in his four-year NBA career._ _

"I'm very excited," said Medvedenko, who had his best game of the season with starting big men Shaquille O'Neal and Karl Malone sidelined because of injuries.

Medvedenko was active from the start against the Hawks. He scored the first two points of the game and had eight points and
two rebounds at the 7:53 mark of the first quarter.
"It's very important for me to make first shot," said Medvedenko, who also was a spark on the defensive end with two blocked shots. "It's a totally different feeling when you make first [compared] to when you miss first. It helps me with everything."

Medvedenko's teammates may have been more keyed up than he was. After seeing him play well in practice for years, they love seeing him get the job done in games.

"We're all aware that Slava can score," Derek Fisher said. "We know that he's capable. He had a really big night last night. He is a high-percentage shooter. That's why Coach [Phil Jackson] often feels comfortable going with Slava in situations when we need some offense.

"He can stretch the defense and bring one of the big guys away from the basket, which clears room, especially when Shaq is in the lineup. His ability to hit a shot from the outside just opens things up. We're extremely happy for him to have a breakout type of night. We've seen him do it before on a daily basis."

Medvedenko gave a glimpse of his skills in last season's playoffs when he stepped in and gave the Lakers some solid minutes against San Antonio in the second round. Now, he's ready to take his game to the next level.

"I feel more comfortable and confident now," said Medvedenko, who averaged 8.5 points and nearly four rebounds before Friday's game.

"I don't think about [when Malone returns]. I just try to play. I'm just trying to go into every game, trying to do best that I can do. I am not thinking about points, rebounds. I just come to floor and play hard."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...,1,5126991.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Back to the topic fellas, everyone is allowed to share basketball opinions.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.