Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is really good.

Yesterday, he admitted to having jitters in the first half... but he came out in the second half and scored 11 points with very good shooting (only played 19 minutes total, so his 11 second half points were probably in about 10ish minutes).

Today, he came out and went 10-16 for 23 points, in 27 minutes.

For a month or two before the draft, I was saying he would be the steal of the draft... and when the Nets got him, I was thrilled. And now I'm even more thrilled that he's proving me right.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
he seems to have some athletic ability...How tall is he really??and what position does he play??

How did jefferson and dickau get ejected

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the Chicago-predraft physicals, he's 6'6 3/4 without shoes, and 6'7 3/4 with shoes.

He also has out-of-this-world athletic ability. He was ranked the #3 athlete in the draft, with top-5 scores in the vertical leap and the 3/4 court sprint.

He's probably best suited at the 2 or 3, but he does also have very good ballhandling ability... meaning he probably can serve as an emergency pointguard if needed.

Dickau and Jefferson got ejected for fighting. Dickau set a physical screen, and Jefferson got mad, put him in a headlock, and threw him to the ground... while Dickau was throwing elbows.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
top athletes in draft?

Hey BBfan,
If Slay was 3,I am assuming Nene and Williams were up there as well..Who were in the top 5??

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#1 was J.R. Bremer, who tested in as the strongest player in the draft.
#2 was Nene Hilario.
#3 Tamar Slay
#4 (the article didn't say who finished 4, so it was probably a no-name player)
#5 Chris Wilcox

Jay Williams was #7, and not in the top-5.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Hi, just stopping by from the Bulls board...

Tamar Slay is an excellent talent. He is a tall guard with good ballhandling and EXCEPTIONAL athleticism, but from what I understand, he's got a jumper too. Skills and athleticism in a rookie are difficult to find together.

I also said that he'd be one of the steals of the draft, if he got drafted. I think you guys have quite a player here, possibly the SG of the future for the Nets. If Slay can D up and play hard-nosed perimeter defense, then he will help the Nets sustain this past year's dream.

The best thing is if Kidd stays in NJ, then there will be quite a team of young guys stepping up to replace the older, skilled players. In two years, this might be the new starting lineup...

Kidd/Slay/Jefferson/Martin/Collins

And three starters from last year will move to the bench to provide incredible depth...

Van Horn (untradeable)/Krstic/Kittles/McCulloch off the bench... hopefully, the Nets will be able to unload Van Horn and maybe MacCulloch somewhere, especially since MacCulloch is a fairly serviceable center. But with Collins sand Krstic, the Nets will be set at the C position for a long time.

Am I a Nets fan? They are my fifth favorite team, meaning that when they play against the Bulls, Sixers, Magic, and Suns, I root against them. Everyone else, I can root for them.

Back to the point. Slay is the man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts