Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nj.com/newslogs/nets/index.ssf?/mtlogs/njo_netsblast/archives/2005_11.html#095558

Vince Update
Step into the lobby of the USF gym and make up your own mind, because VC was a MOFW today:

How are you feeling?
"I was able to wake up and walk, that's good enough for me."

Are you gonna play tomorrow?
"We'll see. Told you, I'll see. Game time decision. I'm not going to rush it. Day by day is all that matters. It's not, 'Oh, I'm looking two, three days ahead.' Not at all."

Any improvement?
"I won't know until I try to run, practice. Right know, I'm trying to let the swelling come down, let it heal on its own first. And then go from there. They told me 'Just relax.' A lot of ice yesterday."

You're going to try to practice today?
"I don't know. Probably not, but we'll see. . . .Maybe not. Just wait for tomorrow morning and give it another day of nothing. As many days as I can get, I'd do that."

The final word on the issue:
"It's all about just being smart. I don't want to just come back because if it's a nagging injury, it could last all season. So I want to be smart about it. We'll sit and talk about it tonight as well as tomorrow and go from there."

P.S.: They didn't really practice much. Lawrence Frank just assembled them to scream at them some more about their defensive shortcomings at Golden State more than anything. We'll tell you more tomorrow from the shoot in Sacto.

P.P.S.: Our resident expert on back problems, Jeff McInnis, has something to add. "His is more in the middle, mine was on the side," the Nets' guard said, smiling as he sets up the punch line. "But his isn’t as bad. Like I told him on the bus, ‘You ain’t hurt, man, at least you could get out of bed.'"

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Doesn't really tell much. I hate it when NBA players always make excuses like when we people aske them if the injury is getting better, some just say we'll see and stuff.

·
Registered
281 Posts
jizzy said:
Doesn't really tell much. I hate it when NBA players always make excuses like when we people aske them if the injury is getting better, some just say we'll see and stuff.

weather you like it or not.... that's the only thing you can say after an injury

do you really expect a player to say "it still hurts, but I know for sure that when I wake up tomorrow, I'll feel great and I'll be able to play 40 minutes!" ?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gmister said:
Looking forward to see Linton Johnson, taking his roster spot.
Linton Johnson already has Jason Collins' roster spot...we're hoping if VC can't go then Antoine Wright gets his roster spot but we'll see.

P

·
0 Posts
i'd be looking forward to seeing wright and johnson get minutes...maybe VC + collins injuries are blessings in disguise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts