Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's no secret that Larry Bird is unhappy with his team. His dissatisfaction is so profound that he's already announced his plans to drastically revamp the roster during the off-season.
--
It should be assumed that Bird will not be content with merely fielding a competitive team, but that a championship is his goal. In that case, here's a preview of the Pacers' keepers and discards.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5435056?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=73

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
If JO is available at a steep discount, I'd like to bring him in. Pollard and Foster would be solid guys to have as backup centers. Fred Jones would sort of fit our big guard need.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
ViciousFlogging said:
If JO is available at a steep discount, I'd like to bring him in. Pollard and Foster would be solid guys to have as backup centers. Fred Jones would sort of fit our big guard need.
Pollard or Foster would fill AD's shoes nicely. I like Foster a lot better.

Reactions: LegoHat

·
Registered
580 Posts
O.J.???? Ya lets get O.J. I heard he's a good slasher, we need a slasher bad!!! O wait..........Oh J.O man,I thought we were getting O.J. Simpson he could have been the slasher we been waiting for.You guys want J.O.?He's not a slasher but ya he's inside help like like O.J.'s boy.What's his name? :rotf:

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
I personally don't want a part of anyone on that roster...

JO's a LOSER...injury prone and turns GIRL in the playoffs

Peja's already on the decline in his career...isn't HALF as good and turns GIRL in the playoffs

Stephen Jackson won't help us much, neither will anyone else on that team....

I'm pretty sure Bird will try and get Adam Morrison from WHOEVER drafts him...remember his comments on the nba needing a white star?

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
The ROY said:
JO's a LOSER...injury prone and turns GIRL in the playoffs
Hence my "steep discount" qualifier. He's not nearly as good as people sometimes say he is, IMO. He's a big man who shoots a low fg% and he's not a great rebounder or passer. Good defender, but not all-NBA by any stretch. Add that to his injury problems and he's not the franchise big man that he's labeled as sometimes.

But if Bird really does want to overhaul the roster and wants to unload JO for something reasonable, he would be a good fit on our squad if he could fit into a Skiles system. He's a good player, just not the superstar that he and others say he is. But I don't really know what I'd give up to get him at the moment. I'd have to think on it.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Gordon/Sweetney for Stephen Jackson. (wasn't Birdman high on Gordon when he came out?)

Best big available with the Knicks pick, Marcus Williams with our own lottery pick (I think its time the Bulls had a true PG no more combo)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
superdave said:
Gordon/Sweetney for Stephen Jackson. (wasn't Birdman high on Gordon when he came out?)

Best big available with the Knicks pick, Marcus Williams with our own lottery pick (I think its time the Bulls had a true PG no more combo)
I'd do that Jackson deal in a second! :banana:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
ViciousFlogging said:
Hence my "steep discount" qualifier. He's not nearly as good as people sometimes say he is, IMO. He's a big man who shoots a low fg% and he's not a great rebounder or passer. Good defender, but not all-NBA by any stretch. Add that to his injury problems and he's not the franchise big man that he's labeled as sometimes.

But if Bird really does want to overhaul the roster and wants to unload JO for something reasonable, he would be a good fit on our squad if he could fit into a Skiles system. He's a good player, just not the superstar that he and others say he is. But I don't really know what I'd give up to get him at the moment. I'd have to think on it.
Judging for what we got back for Ron "Hannibal Lecter" Artest, Jalen Rose and Dale Davis, I don't see the Pacers doing any "steep discount" trades anytime soon.

·
Registered
16,528 Posts
spongyfungy said:
Stephen Jackson jacks up threes and is terribly inconsistent. I do not like his decision making skills and he'll end like a Ron Mercer if he's on this team.
He's a good passer, although he rarely does pass. He's also a good defender...when he wants to be. Not to mention his post game...when he's not taking stupid 3's.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
absolutebest said:
Judging for what we got back for Ron "Hannibal Lecter" Artest, Jalen Rose and Dale Davis, I don't see the Pacers doing any "steep discount" trades anytime soon.
Good point. I didn't put a probability on anything happening - that's a good reason why.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.