Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, not to bring up a sore subject, but.......if the Blazers happen to lose to the mighty Clippers tonight, they will fall behind them (to 5th) in the Pacific, and 12th overall in the Western Conference!

:eek:

Mama told me there'd be years like this.....................
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>BLAZER PROPHET</b>!
So?

Right now we're not a good team and our coach isn't getting a good effort out of his players. We deserve what we get.
Like many are saying, it's getting a bit late to flip the switch and turn things around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
Really? I don't think so. We still have all kinds of time. But, if we continue to start Damon and 3 PF's along the front line it may be too late.

It's all up to the coaching staff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,878 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
Like many are saying, it's getting a bit late to flip the switch and turn things around.
Never give up.... there is still plenty of games left on the docket..

Not too many games seperate 8th to 12 place in the western conf...

We can do it.... its certianly possible... we are not even half done yet... a good month of several 3-4 game winning streaks with no 2 losses in a row could easily do it...

Ca we do it?... Yes we can....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>BLAZER PROPHET</b>!
Really? I don't think so. We still have all kinds of time. But, if we continue to start Damon and 3 PF's along the front line it may be too late.

It's all up to the coaching staff.
I hear ya..

As Damon is Mo's bosom-buddy this season, don't expect to see much change, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

Like many are saying, it's getting a bit late to flip the switch and turn things around.
I don't think there IS a switch to flip on; or if there is, it's not hooked up to anything. This team has just had too much of a talent and experience extraction the last 6 months to go on a significant run as they have each of the past 2 or 3 years.

Ed O.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

....This team has just had too much of a talent and experience extraction the last 6 months to go on a significant run as they have each of the past 2 or 3 years.

Ed O.
That's just the thing. If (at this point) people are expecting youngsters such as Zach and Q, etc. to lead us to the promised land, then, uhm, well......not much else needs to be clarified.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't get to see the game, but it was probably best that I didn't.

At this point, I don't even think a major trade could/would propel this team into the Playoffs.

I hope I'm wrong, but................

BTW, when was the last time a Blazer team ended up lower than .500 for the season?
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
Didn't get to see the game, but it was probably best that I didn't.

At this point, I don't even think a major trade could/would propel this team into the Playoffs.

I hope I'm wrong, but................

BTW, when was the last time a Blazer team ended up lower than .500 for the season?
88-89

39-43

this great season came the year after they had won 53 games, and the year before they won 59.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,878 Posts
But we made the playoffs...

then we seemed to kick it in gear with Finals appaearances in 90 and 92
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top